Chapter twenty three

23. LITTLE DARK AGE

Caroline Forbes was adorable

The pair of slightly deranged British girls had immediately discovered the fact and regretted not befriending the young blonde earlier, she was fun and bubbly and a breath of fresh air.

They'd exchanged numbers with her after running into nighttime with how long their chats went on, the three of them being so lost in happiness that they didn't even realise how late it had gotten.

And unbeknownst to them, Caroline was the happiest she had been in the longest time. She had gone straight home, the blinding smile staying tattooed to her lips and she had immediately begun to ramble about how 'awesome, kind, stylish and fun' the two girls were to her mother who listened with a fond smile, just happy to see her daughter back to her normal self and all thanks to these two girls she'd be honoured to meet.

Sienna and Olivia had officially made it their mission to keep the infectious smile on the blonde's gorgeous face.

"Don't you just wanna pinch her adorable rosy little cheeks." Olivia gushed, feeling strangely affectionate ( in a platonic way ) for the baby vamp, she was just so cute and surprisingly shy.

"Why do you think she's so shy?" Sienna question abruptly, in the show, to her at least, Caroline had seemed confident in herself when she became a vampire and she certainly did not come off as shy. Sienna wondered if someone did something to knock down her confidence, something the show didn't include.

"I think that's miss orphan's fault." Olivia huffed out sadly.

"Elena really needs to stay in her plain Jane lane." Sienna rolled her eyes. "Maybe we can get Katherine to torture the self esteem out of her like she did to Caroline, give her a taste of her own acidic medicine."

"That sounds like proper fun time to me." Olivia laughed in agreement, "Maybe we can pour manure over her or something, so she's surrounded by the shit that comes out of her mouth."

"I absolutely adore the way you think, my love." Sienna smiled happily, pressing a kiss to the tip of Olivia's nose.

"And that means the world to me." Olivia winked cheekily, holding Sienna's hand in her own as they finally arrived back home.

As they entered they both audibly awed at the scene in the living room of the house, Freya was sitting in the middle of the sofa and on either side of her were her brothers, all of them were speaking about lord knows what with smiles and the girls were insanely glad at the outcome of Freya having a chat with her younger brothers.

Elijah and Klaus had heard the return of their mate, and while internally even more joyful, they stayed conversing with their older sister. Sharing memories and laughs, telling her about all the things that she had missed.

Freya could not be more joyous. When she had spoken to her brothers, or planned to initially, she did not expect a entirely positive reaction and was delighted when, to her surprise, both of her brothers immediately welcomed her into the family with open arms. Seriously, she could almost sob from how happy she was. After all these years, feeling detached and alone in the world — two extraordinary girls brought her back to the family she was deprived of and she was eternally grateful for them.

"Don't interrupt the cuteness." Sienna mumbled to Olivia who nodded immediately, the both of them sneaking up the steps.

"We can hear you, love." Klaus smirked in amusement at his mate, though he didn't seem bothered at all by the interruption, if anything he seemed pleased by her arrival though she didn't notice, believing his happy demeanour to be result of reuniting with his long lost sister — which it was. But seeing her really burnt the flame of his happiness larger and brighter than ever.

"I had no idea." Sienna deadpanned. "Go on continue being a cute wholesome family while I blast taylor swift upstairs."

Olivia grinned at the siblings and blew a swift kiss to Freya, who noticeably blushed, before her and Sienna both sprinted up the steps to listen to taylor swift.

• • •

"Where could Elena even be, she wouldn't have left without saying." Stefan Salvatore stressed, packing the floor of his house with his eyebrows drawn into the their natural worried position.

Bonnie smacked her lips together to not make a comment as he repeated the same question over and over again, if she knew she wouldn't be doing these nonstop locater spells.

When she had gotten up today, she got ready with a smile — fully prepared to go the grill and have a nice time with her two best friends but no, Damon had been on her doorstep when she had opened the door and he simply wouldn't take no for an answer. Dragging her here and taking her phone so she could 'focus on finding Elena'.

She barely had time to breathe, the Salvatore brothers were so pushy she could almost feel her teeth cracking from how many times she'd gritted them in pure frustration.

Bonnie silently swore to herself if Elena just suddenly showed up all innocent and shit, she would wring the bitch's neck.

"Maybe she get tired to your brooding." Damon butted in with a unhelpful smirk, "But then again she could've just came to me... I don't brood, unlike you."

"If you two aren't going to be of helpful." Bonnie finally snapped, "Then just get your useless selves out of here. This century, preferably."

"This is our house, witch." Damon snapped back, his piercing blue eyes glaring at Bonnie and she bit back a smirk at his look of anger.

"And I'm finding your shared girlfriend, your point?" Bonnie raised one eyebrow impatiently.

Silence was her answer though glares were still being thrown at her by either brother, glares which she promptly ignored as she smiled in satisfaction at the lack of their responses.

"Thank you." Bonnie hummed mockingly, letting out a silent laugh as she continued trying to find Elena.