Chapter 47: Lions and Lambs

Chapters in advance in Patreòn
Pa treon.com/HolyJoker
(20+ chapters in advance)
______

***
In a dark swampy land, trees, and wetness, a dark cave stood which had its entrance covered by vines. From the outside, the cave seemed almost sinister.

Within it was Appa, who was laying down, sleeping after a long journey and Katara's condition continued getting worse, with her fever heightening. She was barely able to move her body, but even through all of this, what worried her more was Sokka's disappearance. Her brother hadn't been back ever since he went out, and she worried that something might have happened to him.

Aang had also gone to look for him and find Katara some medicine. He hadn't been back either. Kiwi, the little fox, was the only one here able to take care of Katara, by bringing her water or whatever she asked. The fox was scared because since she was so young, she couldn't use her ability to transform back into her giant form very often. It would take months before she could do so again.

But the little furry creature knew that Sokka wouldn't care about any of that. If Katara was hurt, Kiwi felt like this might be her last day of life. She didn't know what was going on with Sokka, but the little Spirit doubted the enemies were able to kill the slippery guy. He knew when to retreat in case of a dangerous situation.

**
At the same time, Aang, who was outside, flying with his glider, kept looking around and looking for any sign of civilization. But he wasn't having much luck. Only dark, wet swamps greeted his sight, and it seemed to go on forever.

He had a worried look on his face as it felt like everything was going wrong. With Sokka disappearing, then Katara got sick, and now he was unable to even see any life of human settlements around.

How could things even get any worse?

Fwish!

An arrow suddenly flew towards him, with a precise, straight-line trajectory. Aang tried to dodge and he was barely able to fly out of the arrow's way and got a small cut on his cheek while doing so. "That was fast," he muttered, never having seen an arrow so fast, but now he was on guard and felt confident-

Fwish! Fwish!

Twenty other arrows came, Aang was able to not have any of the arrows hit him, but only barely so. Suddenly, he started plummeting, and looking up he noticed that a couple of flaming arrows had hit his glider. "When did the arrows land?!" He was confused, but couldn't do anything but be ready for a fight. Yet Aang was confused by where his enemies even were, as he hadn't caught clear sight of them yet.

He glanced at his glider regretfully. That was the last relic he had that the monks had made for him.

Without having much time to think about it anymore, Aang used a soft stream of air to stop himself from slamming to the ground. That caused some water to rise.

Fwish! Fwish! Fwish! Fwish!...

Hundreds of arrows bombarded him, each of them was outside of his vision, their view blocked by the droplets of water that had risen. 

These archers were experts. The best Aang had ever seen. He was barely able to swing his arm to create a wall of ice in front of him. 

It stopped some of the arrows, but one arrow hit at its weak place causing some cracks, and another arrow hit the already stuck arrow, snapping the other arrow in half. This forced the cracks in the ice wall to get larger, breaking the ice wall.

Aang jumped back but noticed that there was a tree behind him. Which was good for the time as it would at least protect his back. He tried to use the swampy waters around, but three arrows hit his arm, one piercing straight through his palm, making him wince as blood dripped from his hand. Due to the pain, he lost contraction and his waterbending was interrupted.