11

The moment my feet touch the surface of the steps my youngest slams into me, her small arms going around my waist, and I catch my balance. I lift her small frame into my arms and wraps my wings around her while stroking her own. I carry her into the palace and notice how everyone was running around doing multiple things at once. There were a few  I could tell where missing and I knew they were off hiding Easter eggs for me.

I carry her to my room and Anactoria follows after me in a rush when she sees up. "Mom, What are you doing back?" 

"Bay called me scared and sobbing. How are you holding the fort?" I whisper back, not sure if Htebazile was a sleep in my arms. I gently lay her on my bed.

"Its been hectic, Pitch is giving us more work then our angels can handle at once. I don't know how you do this." I chuckle as she lets out a tired huff. I lean over and kiss her forehead. "Your doing great little bird. I know it's not easy running everything but you will get used it. You'll be running it with me soon enough" I say as I rest my hands on her shoulders and give her a proud look. 

She blushes slightly before giving me a hug. "Now, stay with your sister, I'll see if I can calm down the others." she nods and lays down with Baz. I smile as she wraps her little sister in her wings and hugs her close. I leave as silently as I can and go to the main hall. I whisper loudly to get everyone's attention before walking up to the podium that housed my throne. I stand before it and look over at my soldiers. 

"Squadron 1-3 run patrol, destroy any nightmares that you may come across. 4 -7 will look after the children the rest of you will stay here and guard the kingdom." As I talk the correct squadrons bow before leaving to fulfil the orders given.

I let out a sigh and watch as the soldiers fly around the palace some leaving and some others walking around the place telling some what to do. I step down from the podium and go to where my daughters are sleeping, and I open the door gently making sure not to make any noise, when I'm able to see inside, a small candle is lighting the room, my daughters are their huddled up against each other, their breathing soft, I smile to myself and close the door.

I walk down the hallway and tell some of the guards that I'm leaving so they don't worry about me being gone, I open a portal to where the others are and I see that all the kids are doing an Easter egg hunt but the weird thing was that they all looked sad. 

I went over to the others since they were hiding away because they didn't want to be seen "hey, why does everyone look so sad" I ask scaring them and north blushes since he let out a little scream, I giggle at that and he clears his throat.  Before anyone gets a chance to say anything bunny hops out from the hiding place holding a wooden basket with freshly painted eggs.

He goes up to the kids and holds out the eggs and said "kids, hey, yes, there is!  There is! I mean, these aren't my best looking googies, but they'll do in a pinch" I watch bunny with a sad look on my face as one of the kids says "I can't believe it" and she got off the table and bunny looks at her and says "I know" 

"There's no such thing as the Easter Bunny" the young girl says with a sad look on her face and bunny's face drops.

"What? No. Wrong! Not true. I'm right in front of you, mate." bunny says "why wouldn't he come?" a kid asks as he walks through bunny making him gasp and hunch over as his paws went up to his chest in fear and he turns around in shock as he watches the kids walk away "They don't see me. They don't see me" he repeated and before we could go over to comfort him two little kids ran over to him giggling.

Bunny looked at the kids and they smiled at each other and then turned to bunny saying "You're the Easter Bunny" they said it at the same time and bunny smiled and crouched down to the kids height and gave them a warm smile and handed them both some eggs. They kids giggled and ran away back to their parents.

Bunny face dropped when he realised that only two kids could see him and we went over to him and I saw jack fly down, gently dropping to the ground, tooth flew over to bunny comforting him. and I went over to North since he was walking to jack "Jack, where were you? The nightmares attacked the tunnels. They smashed every egg, crushed every basket. Nothing made it to the surface." North said pointing his sword towards Jack as he explained and I looked at North when he put his swords into the ground using them to hold him up and I gave him look and asked "Are you ok?" in a quiet voice and he nodded. 

I look back over to Bunny. "That's not entirely true. While we we in the Warren I took a few thousand eggs and gave them to my angels to hide. I thought it would speed up to process a little. There are at least 10 towns that still believe in you." His hurt gaze softens when he looks at me and I give him a hug. "Thank you Angel."

"Your welcome Bunnymund" He chuckles at the use of his real last name and ruffles my hair when he pulls away. I smile at the familiar action that my older brother used to do all the time.

I looked towards Jack and he had a panicked look on his face but before I could ask him if he was alright tooth came over "Jack." and she let out a gasp "Where did you get that?" she asked and I looked to where she was looking. Jack had a tooth box in his hand, I looked at the end of the box and it had a similar face to jack just with brown hair and brown eyes.

"I was... It's..." he stuttered out and tooth looked around in a panic "Where's Baby Tooth?" she asked and Jack had a look on his face and tooth brought her hands up to her face "Oh, Jack, what have you done?" she said flying away from him a little. "that is why you weren't here? You were with Pitch?" North said angrily and I stood in front of him saying "hey, don't yell at him. Jack wouldn't want to be anywhere near him. So why don't we just listen to him before we get angry, okay" I saw that North was slightly ignoring me which mad me angry. 

I turned to jack and he said "No, listen, listen. I'm sorry. I didn't mean for this to happen." and I went to say something but Bunny cut me off "He has to go" he said and I looked at him shocked "What?" me and jack said at the same time "We should never have trusted you!" Bunny said half yelling at Jack as his brought his paw closer to Jack making him back up.

I went to grab Jacks hand but he flinched away making me pull my hand back. My heart broke for the second time that day, he had never done that before. Jack focused his attention back on bunny "Easter is new beginnings, new life." Bunny said and Jack looked down "Easter's about hope. And now it's gone." Bunny explained and he let out a sigh and walks away.

Jack turned back to North and tooth and they both looked away, finally jack turned to me and I went to walk towards him but he took a step back and he pulled out the Russian doll, that looked like North and he threw it to the ground. I saw North turn his head away even more and Jack flew away making a cold breeze ruffle my feathers. I went to go after him but North stopped me "let him be" he said and I gave him a look and turned to where Jack flew away with a sad look on my face. I sent a pulse of my love to Jack's pendent, just to be sure that he knew I wasn't mad at him.