Her past

Xela

"Just make a run for it!" I yell to Ryder who is hiding under a tent from the pouring rain. We spent an hour and a half doing games and rides until the sky opened up on us and everything is shutting down.

Ryder ran out from under the tent and we both ran to his car. Elsie and Weston left right when the rain started ten minutes ago.

The car was filled with the sound of rain pounding on the glass, and Ryder and I panting from sprinting here.

He stared at me for a few seconds, his eyes moving down my body. That's when I realized I was wearing a light blue top and a black lace bra. "You perv" I hiss at him, crossing my arms. He laughs and starts to drive. "You want food?" He asks, "Can we drive thru chick fil a ?!" I say, excited.

He doesn't agree nor disagree, but just drives to chick fil a. I get my usual 8 count with fries and a milkshake, and he gets a whole ass 12 count with a large Mac and cheese.

We pull over to eat, and I find myself loving hearing the rain hit the car. We eat and talk for around ten minutes then stuff all the trash into the bag.

My hair is soaking wet, along with all of my clothes. "Why did you do that to yourself?" Ryder looks to my arm, my wet bandage.

I shrug, not wanting him to know about Jay. I don't want him to have to worry about me again. Every time we have ever spent together has been me being a stupid damsel in distress and him saving me. He probably thinks I'm weak.

"I didn't want a tattoo anymore" is all I say.

He looks at me, "What was the tattoo?"

I understand why he was asking, after all it's not a normal thing for someone to mutilate themselves to get a tattoo off.

"It was my ex boyfriends name" I said, hearing how bad that sounds. I don't know why anyone would get a tattoo of a boyfriends name, but I did. To be fair, I didn't choose to, he had it done to me. He got one too, of my name, on the exact same spot on his arm.

Ryder's eyes widen, "Why on earth would you get someone's name tattooed on you?"

I shrugged, "I don't know okay?"

"So a boyfriend?" He said, making me laugh. "Don't worry he's a raging psychopath"

Ryder smirks, "Who says I was worried?"

I shove him playfully, "So any girlfriends?"

He nods, "I'm actually engaged"

Ryder

The look on her face when I said that made me burst out laughing.

She hit my arm, "You're such an idiot" she mumbled, crossing her arms. "You really fell for that?" I teased her. "Come on, you know me better than that"

She rolled her eyes at me, although I could tell she was hiding a smile.

I hated that she had a boys name on her that wasn't mine. Not that I would ever let her tattoo my name on her body, but you get the point.