ninety-two

isla found herself examining every angle of her body as she stood wearing a beautiful white dress that stopped just above her knee

isla found herself examining every angle of her body as she stood wearing a beautiful white dress that stopped just above her knee. the dress code for taehas banquet was strictly white and even though isla dreaded going, she couldn't help but applaud the girl for her fashion choices.

elijah, who was sprawled out on his sisters bed after she forced him to help her find something to wear, turned to her. "if you change again i'm honestly gonna throw out all your clothes."

isla huffed and death-glared him through her mirror. "i'm not. this is the only decently cute dress i have that's white, and i'm not about to wear jeans or something. is it cute though?"

the younger hummed in response, but wasn't fully paying attention to what she was wearing before going back to scrolling on his phone. isla decided that it was good enough, slipped on her shoes, grabbed her phone and left.

doyoung had only just pulled up to her house with jungwoo in the passengers side and vei in the back, jungwoo rolling down the window as they stopped. "you look so pretty!"

isla smiled and waved him off, denying the compliment but appreciating it, and got inside. they chatted amongst themselves as doyoung drove off to the hall. as much as the thought of being around rich people didn't sound appealing, isla was thankful she wasn't doing it alone. it wasn't long until they approached their destination and went inside.

"holy fuck," vei cursed at the sight of the banquet hall, the fancy tables, and lights, decorations. everything looked like it costed one million dollars each.

"took the words right out of my mouth," jungwoo agreed, his mouth slightly gaped open. there was already a good amount of people inside, but luckily not enough for isla to feel too nervous. that was until taeha practically tore their ears off with her screech when she spotted them.

"hi!" she exclaimed, pulling doyoung into a hug that was way too tight. "i'm glad you all could make it! there's a snack and drink bar over there, and i gave you guys the best seat here. follow me."

she lead them to a table that had a small sign that read 'kim doyoung,' it was quite upgraded from all the other tables in the place with it just a bit bigger and more clean than the rest.

"make yourselves comfortable, i still have some stuff to get done so i'll catch up with you in a bit." she smiled before she walked off.

the energy had shifted after the interaction. "reminder to remember we are here for the food, not her." jungwoo said only loud enough for the four of them to hear as they sat down.

"isla," doyoung called, gesturing to the seat next to him just as she was about to sit down across for him. she felt her cheeks heat up as she moved to the chair next to him and sat down. they sat there and listened to the faint music playing, watching people walk in one by one until eventually the place was full.