Chapter 4

I decide not to press him on the topic. Guy already seems to be struggling with the choice, I don't want to say the wrong thing and make up his mind to turn me in.

Honestly, eating dinner with him was the least alone I've felt in awhile. We didn't say much, but just having someone sitting next to me felt good. Martac would if I asked him to, but I want someone to want to eat with me, not just when I request their company. Besides, he never asks me to eat with him either.

With a sigh, I get up and throw my trash away, being sure to pick up a couple extra pieces of trash other people missed when they discarded their garbage and didn't bother to correct their mistake.

"Thank you for dinner" he gets his wallet out but I brush him off. It's not like I'm hurting for cash. "At least allow me to walk you home."

"Tell me why you were going into the restaurant if you weren't intending to order."

"I never said I was not going to order." He states, having a hard time meeting my eyes. He really is the worst liar. There are worse traits to have.

"Suit yourself" I shrug and tuck my hands into my pockets. My phone buzzes and I check it.

Martac
Car set for tomorrow. I'll pick you up at 8. Be awake or I'm taking your wifi away.

Y/n
Ugh. Fine.

Martac
If you don't like early jobs, quick picking them

He has a point. I don't say anything else but set an alarm for 7:50 so I can hit snooze once and then panic get ready while Martac pounds on my door.

"This is where I leave you" I say to Tenya, starting to walk away, but he picks up the pace and gets in front of me, stopping suddenly, forcing me to stop.

"Tell me your name."

"You didn't ask nicely" I tease

"Please, tell me your name"

"Why does it matter? So you can turn me in?" I cross my arms over my chest and raising an eyebrow at him skeptically.

"I do not know, but I need to know. I do not like not knowing." His arms are flapping and he's visibly frustrated.

"Kagi"

"Your actual name" he grinds out, tacking on a  "please" at the end.

I really look at him, taking in his rigid posture and clenched jaw. It's really bugging him that he doesn't know. "Did you come into the restaurant because you saw me in there?"

"Yes." He blurts out and looks like he immediately regrets it "of course I am going to enter an establishment where I see a known villain lurking"

"Lurking?!?" I bust out into a laugh "I was ordering dinner" I can't stop laughing.

"I would very much appreciate it if you would take me seriously." His arms drop to his sides, fists clenched. It's so easy to push his buttons.

"I'm taking you very seriously, Tenya." I uncross my arms and reach up to pat his shoulder as I step around him. "I'm just a little busy right now. You know, crimes to commit and all that"

"I must insist that you refrain from confessing your intentions for illegal activities to me"

"Or what? You'll turn me in? Like you did today?" I'm walking backwards toward my building and he turns to meet my stare. He doesn't say anything "I appreciate your company for dinner. See you later"