Chp 8

No ones perspective

It took awhile but Venti had calmed down a lot. Usually he doesn't cry for long but because Xiao was there and watched, hurt him so much more. Soon Xiao pulled away, Venti was better now, just sniffling and still some tears that escaped his eyes. Xiao took out his phone while Venti was grabbing his stuff, avoiding looking at Xiao. "Hey lunch is almost over, why don't we just skip the day.." Xiao said looking over at Venti. "I.. can't. My mom will get mad..." he replied still looking down. "Just tell her your not feeling well and that my parents picked you up." Xiao suggested. "Are you sure you would be able to make it the rest of the day like this?" Venti sighed, trying not to cry again, he was right, he wouldn't be able to last. "I... okay.." He said.

Xiao got up and reached his hand down to help the boy up. He hesitantly grabs Xiao's hand, still struggling to get up. Xiao bent down and grabbed him under his shoulders, lifting him up to his feet. Venti was still incredibly sore and help on the Xiao trying to keep his balance. He didn't mind though. They walked out of the classroom and down the long hallway, still Venti leaning on Xiao. Venti was limping a bit and Xiao took pity on the boy, no one should go through that. They got to the front doors and opened it and walked to the gate. "Is there anywhere you wanna go?" Xiao asked. Venti just mumbled something, still looking away from Xiao.

"You know, I'm not mad at you if that's what you think. Nothing that happened was your fault." Xiao reassured him. Venti just nodded. "I.. don't mind anywhere, just not here... or my house." He mumbled again, but load enough for Xiao to hear. Seeing Venti was still limping, Xiao offered a piggyback ride. Venti knew he shouldn't say no to his offer so he agreed. He felt a lot better getting the pressure off his feet. Xiao walked Venti to his house. Venti wasn't that heavy, surprisingly, considering he was taller then Xiao.

"Here, let's get you washed up a bit, maybe my dad could take us somewhere... here lemme call him.." "Wait... don't call them, they'll just call my mom." Venti said, worried. "Shouldn't your mom know?" He asked confused. Venti just shook his head no. "It's... not the first time it's happened... I don't want her worried about me again..." He muttered loud enough for Xiao to hear. "... Alright, just go wash up alright, you can barrow some of my clothes, I don't mind." Xiao said, showing him the closet. He picked out some slightly bigger clothes since Venti was a bit taller then him and gave him to Venti. He just nodded as a thank you. Xiao showed him where the bathroom was so he could shower, Venti smiled while shutting the door. As soon as the door shut his smile immediately turned to a frown.

Not even 5 minutes in the shower, Venti was on the floor having a breakdown. He was so embarrassed that he had to be babied by someone, and out of everyone it's the new kid, and now the new kid has to deal with his problems too. He should've just left him, it would have been better. After a bit Venti got up and started washing himself. He got out but it was still obvious that he was crying earlier, but at that point he was too tired to care. All the crying made him exhausted. He was sore everywhere and just wanted the day to end. Mondays, am I right?

He got out and put the hoodie over his head, to tired to braid his hair. As he got out he looked over at the kitchen hearing some noises from there. "Oh your out! Here I made you something to eat since we skipped lunch." Venti immediately lightened up. He smiled. "Thank you." He says. "Sorry it's not much, I don't eat much so we usually just do take out so we don't have much." Xiao tells him bringing him a plate full with salad. "Oh and.. here are some pain killers. We don't have anything to drink so I'll just get you a water..." Xiao tells Venti who just sat down at the counter. "Here... I'm gonna get in the shower now." He tells him and walks back into his room, grabbing some clothes, then going to the bathroom.

Venti just smiled. How could he have been so selfish earlier. He was happy now, happy to have a caring friend like Xiao. He decided to text in his group chat saying 'sorry guys, I went home early, wasn't feeling well.' Then did the thing he dreaded doing. He went to text his mom. His fingers shook a bit texting her. He wasn't nervous about her getting mad, just worried. He sighed heavily and finished with the short text. 'Hey mom, I wasn't feeling well and Xiao's parents picked me up. Sorry I couldn't make it through the day.' He finally pressed the send button. Relived that he got that over with.

He put his head on the table. He was so exhausted, usually he's full of energy but lately he's been so tired. He closed his eyes, surely Xiao wouldn't mind him taking a little nap. Before he went for the nap though, he took the painkillers. He looked at the salad Xiao offered him, he decided he would eat it later, he didn't have an appetite right now. He placed his head on the table again, falling asleep almost instantly.

Xiao got out of the shower and went to the table to check on Venti. He saw he didn't eat the salad and was asleep there. Xiao just sighed and went back in the bathroom to blow dry his hair. He didn't like it being air dried. After wards he brushed it, coming out pretty straight, like he liked it. He walked out towards Venti and gently shook him awake. Venti groaned and lifted his head just enough to see Xiao.

"Hmm.." Venti mumbled with tired eyes, just wanted a bit more sleep. "Hey... wanna go somewhere? It's only 2 so it's probably not the best time to sleep right now.." Xiao asked, patiently waiting for a response. "...Where too..?" The tired boy asked. "How about a boba shop, plus we can get something too eat too" He suggested, looking over at the plate full of salad. Venti saw him and looked down towards the table. "..sorry." He mumbled looking away from Xiao. "Don't worry, it's fine. We still have lots anyways, you don't need to force yourself to eat if you don't want too." He told Venti. He smiled. "We can go if you want." Venti said happily. "Alright, lemme grab my wallet and shoes then we can go."
"Okay!"

A/N Been listening to romance music, got me inspired lol. Also 200 views, thank you!!

Published: December 11
Word-Count: 1185