Fifth Year // Chapter 21

A/N: We had Severe Thunderstorm/Tornado Warnings/Watches in my area today (yay Iowa)! Since I have PTSD from two other storms that went through previously I decided to write and get my mind off of the storm. So enjoy this bonus chapter. 

I had been able to have a fair few lessons with Remus and Bill before April, but stopped for a few weeks as it approached Easter and the O.W.Ls got closer and closer. Also, with the DA lessons, I was getting plenty of practice. In fact, in this week's meeting, we started the lesson we've been waiting for since the last term.

Patronus's!

"Think of your happiest memory, the happiest one you've got," Harry instructed. We were all standing in small groups, I was in a group with Dean, Neville, and Seamus (Dean finally managed to convince Hermione to let him attend the meetings now that all had been resolved with Harry). As we stood and tried to get them to appear, Seamus exclaimed loudly. 

"Harry, I think I'm doing it!" he yelled as a very small whiff of silver spouted out of his wand. By the time Harry got over though, it was gone. "I know it was working Harry, I just know it!" Dean rubbed Seamus's shoulder as Neville and I continued to try. I shut my eyes tightly and racked my brain for my happiest memory, a thousand ran through my head, but one stuck out. 

It was the day Neville and I went to Diagon Alley and had the best day ever. Drinking coca, butterbeer, eating food, joking around, the snowball fight, but most importantly it was the day I knew, truly knew in my gut that I loved Neville forever.

"Expecto Patronum!" I whispered while waving my wand. As I opened my eyes and kept the memory in the front of my head, I saw a magnificent Bay Mare galloping around the room. Lori let out a small giggle as the horse knocked over Ron who just cast his Jack Russel Terrier Patronus.

"Expecto Patronum!" I heard Neville whisper. Still keeping my memory in my head, I looked over to see Neville finally had a successful attempt and cast his Patronus. What as his Patronus, you may ask? Well, his Patronus was none other than a Bay Stallion! We both watched in awe as our horses galloped around together. Finally, after a few moments, they slowly faded away and we stood by each other still in awe over what happened. 

Suddenly and loud CRACK could be heard all around the room, and Dobby appeared a few feet in front of Harry. 

"Mr. Harry Potter, she's coming!" Dobby shouted frantically. Everyone stared waiting for Harry to clarify but Harry didn't. He just shouted at all of us.

"WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!" Harry bellowed, "RUN FOR IT!" Everyone started running for the exit not even paying attention to the younger kids. I just managed to pull Colin Creevy up from the ground before his little brother Dennis got shoved to the ground by a sixth-year Ravenclaw. 

"I get you're wanting to run, but PLEASE REFRAIN FROM TRAMPLING THE YOUNGER STUDENTS!" I shouted. Neville, Dean, and Seamus sprinted off towards the boy bathroom that was closest to the RoR, while the plan was for Hermione and me to run to the Library. However, I noticed Harry's robe was caught on the hook and rushed over to help him.

"You should be gone by now!" he shouted as I helped him.

"I wasn't going to let you're robe rip now was I?" I snapped back. "Now let's get to the Owlery and pretend we are sending a letter off to my parents about you spending the summer holidays with us." I grabbed Harry's hand and off we ran down the hall. Sadly someone jinxed us from behind, causing both of us to plummet face-first to the stone ground. 

"Shit!" I said as we got flipped over to reveal and smirking Draco and an equally smirking Pansy. 

"Professor! We have two of them!" Draco shouted behind him. Pansy pulled us both up by our robes as Umbridge's disgusting face turned the corner.