1 | Taken Aback

“Aarav!! Get up!!” she yelled, making the boy cover his sheets and whine.

“Dammit Ann!!” he shot up, glaring at her.

“I want you down. NOW!” she said as she slammed the door behind.

Chattering sounds could be heard as Aarav thought who could be here.

“Annie, what’s going on?” asked her brother, Aarav. 

“Hey bro!” chimed Kevin.

“You-” 

“I’m here on Annisa’s orders” he raised up his hands as if surrendering himself.

The thing is, apparently Annisa’s best friends give a lot of trouble to Aarav’s peaceful “sleep time” so they are banned from entering the house like this, untime..

“Will you please explain??” He glared at his sister. 

“That’s why I brought you here!!”

“Come on, Annie. Split it. Everyone’s here now” said Lee. Probably couldn’t understand why all these are happening.

“Okay. Okay. I’m coming straight to the point. We’re going to Sydney.” She beamed 

“WHAT!?” Aarav can’t believe that he heard this from his sister.

“Yayy! Ann,You're the best!! I didn’t know you’d love me this much” said Kevin.

“Oh shut up! Didn’t you realise it yet??” said Lee wanting to pop the bubble for Kevin, so badly.

“It’s for Nash ofcourse" popped a head from the kitchen.

"Veer!?? What the hell are you doing in there? Don't tell me you're there for-" Aarav was interrupted by Veer.

"I was just eating the chips," he pouted.

Last time when he let him in the kitchen...It was- 

Well lemme just say It was. A Mess.

Annisa went to drag him out and plop on the couch. Soon after discussing the travelling stuff they began packing. 

"We're going to meet, Nash! Nash Martin. I Freaking can't believe this!" Said Aarav.

Nash has been his best friend since high school. They were literally together all the time.Then when they had to split up for their dreams, it's been 5years since Nash left Sydney from London. He got selected for the best University for his coaching in Volleyball. 

"That guy better make it even for ditching us for years" Kevin said.

"Whoa whoa. You guys are talking as if he ditched us willingly?? Isn't that you guys who convinced him to go there?!" Annisa said.

"Whatever" shrugged Lee.

"Ann, We have to leave the next morning. We better hurry up" Veer said, making everyone's jaw drop.

"You freaking booked the ticket tomorrow morning and are telling us now!!!" Lee's yell could be heard even from a mile. 

"Gosh. Lee, keep quiet. You'll literally wake up everyone! By the way I've told mom to pack your stuff, you just have to take a look at it okay baby?" Annisa said, giving her a hug.

"Veer, I guess you'd be done with yours. Help Kevin and Aarav" She said because that'd make them complete it soon and rest for a while.

"I can handle it by myself," said Aarav as he walked upstairs to his room.

Seeing everyone begin their works, Annisa went to complete her works. 

They have 14hrs left to board the flight. It's been 5years. Five years of only phone calls and facetime. Being in a long distance relationship with Nash, it was indeed difficult for her. But that's what made them stronger. 

It's Nash's birthday in 2 days. The reason they're going there to surprise him. 

After hours of juggling between her friends and finally completing her packing, she lied down.

The excitement of meeting her love after so many years didn't let her sleep so easily. To keep her quiet she brought Lee with her. 

"Girl you look-"

"I know," sighed Annisa.

"You're finally going to meet him, then what's bothering you?" Lee asked as she lied down with her.

"That's what exactly is bothering me," she said, giving her a can't-you-understand look.

"Just relax, Annie. You know everything's gotta be fine" Lee said, assuring her.

"Mmm" With a faint nod Lee saw Annisa drifting into sleep.

With a chuckle she covered her with the blanket, letting her sleep peacefully.