54

Sometimes, Maki couldn't control her anger. Very very rarely did she ever take out this anger on someone. 

But as she looked at the man she had befriended at a young age, who had grown so much to become who he was today she found herself being blinded by a shocking anger that she hadn't felt for a long time. 

"NEJI!" She yelled as she stood from the crying Narutos side and walked forwards in anger, shaking off anybody who attempted to stop her. She hadn't even bothered to unsheathe her swords, planning to only use her power as a jinchuriki and a shinobi in which case she wouldn't be as strong as she usually is. However, not a single person could bring themselves to stop her, not even herself.

Obito smirked at her in amusement, this was the kind of hatred he was looking to see her express, he knew everyone had it. However, it wasn't until he looked into her eyes with his sharingan that he realised there still was no hint of hatred. Anger, yes. Sadness, yes. But there was also... Understanding. He hated that.

"You said, 'I'll never let my comrades die.' those were your words!" Obito spoke to both Maki and Naruto and that seemed to be it for her. She ran forwards and just as the tips of her fingers glowed in a chakra coating a hand grabbed the back of her head and slammed her to the ground. Oddly enough, it didn't hurt all that much but she did feel a little blood trickle down her nose. She gritted her teeth and slowly rotated her head to stare down the individual who had forced her to halt in her path towards Obito and Madara.

It was Omoi.

"Stop it, you'll only get yourself killed." She didn't reply, "I understand how you feel, but if you go up there and just throw away your life like that his sacrifice will have meant nothing."

That made her pause. Omoi softened his stern gaze and released her head before helping her stand back up as Hinata helped Naruto to do the same. Obito had almost managed to discourage the both of them but they were lucky to have such great friends who were there to help them. Maki closed her eyes calmly for a few moments and then opened them once again, offering Omoi a small smile that he returned, before turning to face Obito and Madara. She sighed and gave everyone behind her an apology and powered her chakra within her, now with the intention to protect instead of destroy.

When a hand placed itself on her shoulder, she was reminded that she wasn't alone in this fight, it truly made her feel happy to know. Soon, everyone in the field were coated in nine-tails chakra courtesy of Naruto and her. One of ten tails palms went after her but a cut swiftly forced it away, the boy in front of her biting down on his lollipop and staring Obito straight in the eyes with the slightest hint of a glare. 

"Don't touch her with your filth."

It wasn't long before everyone was working to protect one another, charging as one behind Naruto and Maki as the two friends cut the tails of the large beast. Lee separated from them to use his own abilities and Maki did so as well until she stood in front of Madara and Obito. It was at that very moment that she landed in front of them, that she sensed the presence of four very strong shinobi a little away from them, she smiled.