▪︎ Chapter 8 - Follow along ▪︎

Sorry, I had an existential crisis
Anyways

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Warning/s: A/n(?)

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Healer's POV

I didn't want to leave the cookie alone, but I would be lying if I said I didn't feel nervous. This shouldn't be too hard, I'll just take them home, come back and all will be fine. Leaving them alone in these forests is not a good idea, not with the recent cake monster spottings. There was a disturbance to the air, one they caused, I've felt it since I had awoken.

Something was coming, I just wasn't sure what. Whatever forced me awake was a force too strong to mess with. Hopefully, there are some cookies out there, that are stronger than we were, ones that can fight the good fight. I'd feel guilty crawling back and being of no use to the cause.

With no map and little hope, we both decided to wing it and just take some given advice. Y/n had said they had an uncle a few cities over, and we could drop by and ask him to help us to the city. This would be way easier than walking all the way back to their little town... Place.. We had started to gather supplies for the hopefully short trip.

I watched the cookie next to me, as they slept. I was wide awake, and nervous. The bags packed were strewn across the floor and my little shelter was bare. I'll be back eventually and restock on my food and firewood. Everything will be just fine.

Except will it be? The mere thought of venturing out there while on the cusp of war for good and evil, well it just sounded dangerous. This cookie was very capable of defending themselves, but, was I? What if we were in a compromisable situation, one where I would need to step in and fight back. I was never able to fight back, it's not in my nature.

Whatever trickery they did was amusing, at best, but as they explained, it is but an illusion. It's all just made to mess with people's minds, to scare them. It may work most of the time but, some people are unmoveable, and don't fall for such acts that easily. A ploy to scare them, but only if Y/n guesses right, if they slip up, the jigs up.

I rub my eyes as I peer through the cracks of my saddening shack. Maybe I don't want to come back here, perhaps it's best I stay with Y/n Cookie, it has to be safer and much more sanitary than the way I'm living now.

That would just put them in danger, if she finds out I have awoken, who knows what she'll do to get me, maybe even hurting those who took me so far away, such as Y/n.

Too much thinking, I have a headache, the kind that lays dull and yet bothersome. I guess that's my cue to try and get some sleep.

Laying back, with my head resting against the wall, I lull myself to sleep with a sweet tune that felt so vague, and yet comforting. I'll figure this out, one way or another.

. . .

Y/n's pov

The sunlight was shining into my eyes, even as I slept, forcing me to get up and look away to avoid being blinded.

Looking over, I could see the healer leaning up against the wall, staring back at me, resting his head on his hands. He looks like he had slept very little amount, there were bags under his eyes and he looked pale.

"Are you alright?" I asked, shifting my weight around to stand up. There was a conflicting look on his face, before he smiled, "Yeah, I am. Sorry, there were so many cake hounds around the house last night, I couldn't sleep" he said half apologetically. He too stood up and picked up his bag. Then he handed me my bag and motioned for me to follow.