Chapter 5: Azur Lane

(Y/n)'s ship lead the fleet as they sailed towards Azur Lane, which was located in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Quite far from Japan, but he and his wives don't mind travelling long distances.

The male kansen himself was on top of turret number one, staring over the horizon, thinking about a certain thing that has been disturbing him for a long time.

(Y/n): 'Why does the sun set above the horizon if the Earth is flat?'

...A mind-boggling question indeed.

Iowa: (Y/n)~

Unfortunately for him, his peaceful time was interrupted by Iowa. The battleship inched towards (Y/n) and hugged him, intentionally pressing her 'balloons' against his back in an attempt to tease him.

(Y/n): Tap the breaks, Iowa.

Iowa: Come on now, Mr. Serious. Stop being so tense all the time.

(Y/n): Isn't that the case with you?

Iowa: ...Touché.

(Y/n): If you're worried about me, I'm fine. Relax.

Iowa lets go and joined to his side, clearly not believing him. She grabbed his hand and held it with hers (unprotected, of course, since they're already married).

Iowa: I know how you feel, (Y/n). But please, let us help you. I'm your wife, (Y/n). Don't carry all the burden.

(Y/n): *sigh* Don't worry so much, Iowa. I can handle myself just fine.

Iowa: I know, but even you, the "Mad Titan", aren't invincible.

New Jersey: Heya!

New Jersey joined in with them, while a grumbling Wisconsin and a smirking Missouri was trailing in behind her.

(Y/n): *smirks* Finally won an UNO match against Wisconsin, huh?

Missouri: Yep! It was so refreshing after suffering many defeats!

Wisconsin: You win this time. ONLY this time.

Iowa: We're here.

Iowa pointed over the horizon, with all of them following where she was pointing at. They soon caught a glimpse of an island, slowly getting bigger and bigger as they got near.

(Y/n): *mumbles* I hope their Commander is not a prick.

Approaching the docks, some shipgirls were looking at the new ships, especially the one in the middle - which is the USS Montana itself. Waiting among them was a black-haired woman in a white uniform, which can be easily identified as their Commander.

As soon as the ships docked, (Y/n) jumped off from his ship and landed right in front of the brown-haired woman, while the Iowa-class simply got out of their ships like a normal person.

(Y/n) and the black-haired woman stared at each other's eyes, causing the air around them to become tense. However, with (Y/n) being much more taller than her, he easily overpowered her piercing stare with his.

???: So, you must be Montana?

(Y/n): USS Montana, BB-67. However, I prefer you call me (Y/n). You must be the Commander that Enterprise was talking about.

???: Correct. I'm Commander Alexandra Smith of Azur Lane.

(Y/n): It's a pleasure to meet you, Commander.

Alexandra: The feeling's mutual, (Y/n).

The two shook hands with each other, easing the tense atmosphere between them. Iowa and the others came shortly and approached them.