Episode 24

Since morning until now, which is night time, Keiko and Yuusuke haven't uttered a word to each other.

Their friends were weirded out. Keiko would always tease Yuusuke, and Yuusuke would look out after her. But today, they didn't even bother to look at each other.

When asked what happened between them, they would shrug their shoulders and say they are disappointed with each other.

Back home, Keiko locked herself in her room.

"Could you believe him?!? He was the one preaching about wanting to protect me but look! He's protecting the wrong girl!" She ranted to her childhood friend, Nene through a phone call.

They've currently spent an hour on the phone, with Keiko telling Nene what Minakami did to Keiko and what she did in return.

"Kei-chan, you're a jerk. You and that girl are the same, bullying each other. But yours is 10 times worse. You've got the power to influence others and look at what you did. She's miserable."

Keiko puffed her cheeks. "That's not fair, she bullied me too! I'm sure she's just faking it too, there's no way people would ignore her just because of a stupid rumour."

"Even Fuuto told you about her getting ignored. How would that be fake? Unless he and Minakami are working together to make her look pitiful, I doubt Fuuto's someone like that." There was a pause before Nene continued. "You've been in her spot before. You know how terrible it feels to be alone right?"

Keiko was quiet as she began to recall her past, when she was down in the slum because of her mother's death. It's not entirely the same as Minakami's situation but there are a few things similar.

It felt lonely, scary and horrible.

"Kei-chan? Kei-chan!"

"Huh? Y-yeah what's up, Nene-chan?"

"Do you understand how she feels?"

"Yeah." She nodded her head even though Nene couldn't see.

"You should talk it out with your brother. I'm sure he would be happy if you guys get along, you're also someone important to him. As a sister of course, not in a weird way."

"... what if he's still mad at me?"

"From the stories you've told me about him, I don't think he will be mad at you for long."

Suddenly, there was a knock on her door.

"Someone's at the door. I gotta answer it. Talk to you soon... and thank you Nene-chan."

Nene chuckled. "Your welcome, Kei-chan. Take care of yourself, ja ne!"

After ending the call, she went to the door and opened it.

It was Yuusuke.

"Y-yuusuke-kun..."

"H-hey..."

Keiko looked to the ground, feeling guilty and awkward to make eye contact with him.

The silence between them fueled the awkwardness even more, both not even trying to say a word to break the silence.

Hating the awkward atmosphere, Keiko decided to invite him into her room. However, he declined.

"Actually, I came here to... apologise to you."

"Huh? But I should be the one to apologise..."

"You should. What you did is still wrong. But I'm also the one who didn't notice what you were going through in the first place. If I did, something like this wouldn't have happened in the first place." He looked straight into her eyes. "I'm sorry."