Chapter 34: Game (3)

A few days later, on February 26th.

[“We are really sorry, dear. Even though today is your UA entrance exam, we aren't able to wish you good luck in person.”]

On the computer screen, Gara and Aiko apologised to Nejire, who just waved her hand.

“It’s fine, it’s fine~ Work comes first anyway.”

Her parents smiled at this as Nejire looked at her Mother with shining eyes. “But Mom, Mom!"

"Did you make the changes I wanted in my Costume?? Cus' I really need that after school starts!"

Gara giggled to soothe her mind.

This time, Aiko replied. ["It's ready, sweetheart. I personally helped her make the Costume more appealing to the eyes- ouch!"]

Gara smacked his head, causing Aiko to chuckle.

["Shh, spoilers."]

The talk continued for a while before Nejire cut the call.

She got up from the computer chair and walked downstairs. She was wearing a purple tracksuit that hugged her proportions tightly. She needed to be in easy clothes to move better for the exam.

She recently hit her growth spurt, so her proportions were bigger than the first time she wore her Hero Costume, so she hoped her mother had made the adjustments.

Walking down, the first thing she encountered was Neji playing games on the console with Kurai on his lap.

Neji had gone out last night, she noticed. She didn't know where, but she knew he was out until dawn. Now that she thought about it, her Otouto goes out for a few hours every now and then. Though Kimi does go with him most of the time, and he says he's just going out with friends – she, for some reason, felt he was lying.

Either way, the door was past Neji. She needs to go past him… she didn't like it at all, meeting him face to face is just... so awkward.

She breathed in and stilled her heart, walking towards the door without giving him a look. She has yet to come up with an idea to crush his weird ideas… it's just hard for her to think of something that'd hurt him. At one point, she considered playing boyfriend with some guy, but that idea was dismissed immediately, she for one could tell that if she did such a thing… Neji might stop his weird thoughts, but something else between them would change too. She didn't like the feeling of that. He, in the end, was a person she deeply cared about, even if he was weird.

Now, she was doing a cold-play. It's basically acting cold and indifferent at him. She read an article that if you act cold towards someone interested in you, that interest would fade very soon. She… didn't like this, as well. Acting like she didn't care about him while he showed deep concern for her on something just didn't feel right… her sisterly side couldn't bear with him just flashing her weak a smile after she ignored him.

'No… it's for his own good.'

With this, she took a breath-in and started walking to the door, but before she could exit the house,