Chapter 37: Changes (2)

Izuku Midoriya had a stupid smile on his face as he walked a few steps behind the three boys walking in front of him.

It was Kacchan’s group.

School just ended and they were returning to their homes – Izuku was happily following Kacchan. Kacchan hated him because he didn’t have a quirk – but now that he got one, he would be fine right?

Obviously.

While Izuku was daydreaming, the guy leading the group, Katsuki Bakugo, stopped.

A deeply frowning Bakugo turned back to him, glaring.

“What do you think ya doing, Deku? Stop following me.” He said in a deep, apathetic voice. “You are getting on my nerves.”

Deku’s smile stiffened at this. “B- but Kacchan, I now have a Quirk–''

“SHUT IT!” Bakugo made his palms explode. “It doesn’t matter. You’re weak and pathetic. I don't know how you got that quirk, or if you’ve been hiding it for all these years, but it’s clear that my Quirk is superior to yours. So, stay away from me!!”

Izuku flinched. “O- of course, yours is superior, Kacchan… that’s why I am ‘following’ you instead of walking by your side.”

Bakugo’s lips twitched as he turned around. “Tch, annoying bastard. Stay as far away from me as possible.”

He then walked away while his group gave Izuku a pitying look.

Izuku sighed and lowered his head. “I just wanted to be friends…”

After making sure that Kacchan was out of his sight, Izuku Midoriya started to move again.

‘At least I made some progress, hehe…’

At least Kacchan didn’t say “Stop following me!”, and instead said, “Stay as far away from me as possible.”

This meant he still had a chance to gain Kacchan's true friendship...

Ting~

‘Hm?’

While laughing to himself as he was about to enter a tunnel, he heard something moving behind him.

Turning his head, his eyes went wide– ‘A villain?!’

A slime-like creature came out of the gap in the manhole behind him. Rushing towards him, the villain wrapped his slime-like body around Izuku.

“Ugh! Ngh!!”

Izuku struggled as he felt the slime entering his throat, nostrils, ears, and the other open holes in his body. His desperate struggle caused the villain to growl and chuckle.

“Don’t worry, don’t worry. I am just ‘hijacking’ your body. Calm down.”

Tears gathered around Izuku’s eyes as he desperately tried to struggle, he tried to use his newly found quirk, but he couldn’t even think properly amongst the pain for him to use it.