21

Rosaline

Today was the day, three days had passed and it was now time for me to save him. I had brought with me as much money as possible and asked Anna to buy me a mask and a black coat. From what I rememberd so was the auctions always held at night. I'd have to sneak in acting like I was there to buy a slave. Luckily I knew how to get in, only people involved in the market knows where the auction is hidden so me finding the place will make them believe that I've been apart of that world for a long time.

It was starting to get dark and I was in my night gown. Anna had already left, beliveing that I was currently asleep. I changed into a black dress that looked expensive but still seemed easy to move around in. I opened my door and peeked out to the hallways, looking to see if there was anyone there. The hallways were dark and a slight chill breeze passed trough, there were no candles or lights that were lit. But the moonlight passing through the windows still made it possible for me to see, even if it wasn't much.

I left the room and tried to walk as quietly as possible, not having wanted to make any sound. Thankfully I was able to leave the hallway without being seen or noticed by anyone. But when I got near the front door I noticed that there was a person guarding it, the head butler and a few knights.

'Of course..'

I looked around to see if there was any other way I could get out and saw a open window near the staircase that led to the second floor. I went up there and pushed the window open softly. The ice cold glass sent tingles to my hands. I looked down and saw a few bushes by the bottom, the ground didn't look to be that far from me so I should've been fine from the fall.

I sat on the edge of the window and jumped down.

The air hit me with full force, I had to close my eyes. Halfway into the fall I realized, the length was a lot farther than I thought.

I brazed for impact.

But that didn't happen, this was something I had felt before, it reminded me of that time at the ball.

I could feel big, warm hands holding me. I opened my eyes and looked up.

It was Elliot.

He looked down at me, his eyes cold and sharp. I didn't know what to say and just stared at him with wide eyes.

"T- Thanks.."

He put me down but I grabbed him by the arm to regain my balance.

"Why-"

"Are you stupid?" He asked.

"What?" He had cut me off, not even having given me the chance to speak. He wasn't shouting yet I could still feel the anger in his voice.

"Why would you jump out of the window like that? Were you even thinking??"

"I- I had no other choice! The guards were blocking the door so I-"

"Do you really want a slave that badly? To the point you'd risk harming your own body?"

"What..?"

'How did he know..? So he really did notice what I was doing.'

"Wait I don't want a slave?!" I practically shouted.

"It's the middle of the night don't be so loud."

"R- Right.. Sorry."

Elliot looked at me with dismay and sighed. "If it's not a slave you want then what is it?"

"I.. I can't tell you. You wouldn't get it."

"What type of stu-"

"I don't have time to waste. I need to go, bye." I walked past him not glancing back to see his face but before I could leave he grabbed me by the wrist.

"I really don't have tim-"

"I'll go with you."

"What?"

"I need to make sure you don't do anything stupid and get hurt so I'll go with you."

"I don't need your help." I scoffed.

"You jumped out of a window. If you can do that then who knows what else you could do."

I looked back at him, feeling like I had already lost.

"It's either this or I won't let you go at all. I could easily stop you."

I could feel myself succumb under the pressure, I really had no choice.

"Fine. You can come along."

Elliot smirked which caught me off guard.

"Alright then let's go."