7 | Grooving

"Let's hit the dance floor," Annisa said, dragging Nash into the centre.

He didn't object, he felt so happy that he let her do everything despite it being his birthday.

His hand wrapped around her waist and her hand on his chest, they both danced along. The song playing was perfect, for the moves. 

Grooving to the songs with him after so long made her heart warm. 

"Do you remember the prom day?" Nash asked, looking at her.

"How would I ever forget that? You were about to kill that guy for asking me to dance" she giggled thinking about that.

"Yeah, that was indeed quite a bad memory," he said. 

"No, It’s fine! You've improved a lot in controlling your anger" she said, patting his head as both of them chuckled.

"Love has indeed changed me, NO! Let me put it this way - Love with you has indeed changed me!" He said, pulling her closer to a kiss.

After a moment of kissing each other passionately, she leaned her head on his chest. She felt so safe, so warm which made her never want the moment to fade away.

"Babe you look so tired," he said, seeing her so worn out.

"I guess it's the jetlag!" She said faintly.

"Let’s get you home now!" He said, making her walk away from the dance floor.

"Nashh please-" before she finished he gave a peck stopping her.

"What the-" again her voice was muffled in a peck.

"Don't talk. We're going, that's it. Just wait here a minute" He said making her sit.

He went to thank everyone who came for him and bid goodbye. 

"Aarav, he's not letting me do anything" the poor little girl whined at his brother. 

"He's right Ann, you've been working tirelessly all the day!!" He said supporting her boyfriend for which she felt offended.

"Fine, but Where's Kevin?! I want the gift!" 

"Ah he told that he kept that box in Nash's bedroom, so you better surprise him there!" He winked at her.

After a short drive they reached his apartment, she was so tired she slept during the drive. He picked her up carrying inside.

Feeling more comfortable, she nuzzled into the crook of his neck. He chuckled at her cuteness. 

Laying her down on the couch he headed to bring the pillows. 

She was just half-asleep, she didn't want Nash to leave, the warmth she felt for a while now felt so good. 

"Babyy, I guess Kevin left something here!" He said coming near her.

Shoot. She totally forgot about that.

"Come here Nash!! Let's open it here, it's your birthday present!" She said. 

Nash took it and sat beside her. 

"Open it" she said, her eyes seemed to sparkle. The way it lights up whenever she talks about something she loves.