Chapter-1

Hope's POV

I lock my door and hurry out. I am very late. Today our boss has decided to give us a suprise visit. And the worst part ? I am new. Joined a month ago. So if I am late he won't even blink while firing me. I am screwed.

Shit.

I work at a 5-star restaurant. And I don't even know the name of. my boss. I know, it sucks. Well I have some amazing friends who can cover for me and a very loving and sweet boyfriend. Honestly ? I don't love him. I like him. Intensely. But love is nowhere. However he loves me. His friends told me. That's how I know.

Anyways, I hop into my car and race down the road. I reach after a good 20 minutes. Meaning I am 5 minutes late. Great. I am fired now. I literally run through the back exit. I go to the staff's changing room and change as fast as I can. I change and go out and find my manager leaning against the door with a smug expression on his face.

This is not good.

He smiles a smile which was supposed to be seductive. Oh did I add that my manager has the hots for me ? Well he does. He takes a step forward and is incredibly close to me. Very close to my liking. I turn away and say,

"What are you doing, Mike ?"

"I am just here to inform you that the boss is in and is taking individual interviews on each staff. If someone is inefficiant he gets fired. 3 are already fired today."

Double shit.

"What are you still doing here ? Aren't you fired too ?" I smirk. He just leans a little more.

"No. In fact he is very happy with me. He told me to get the remaining employees. Everyone is finished except you and your best friend and boyfriend ?"

"You mean Stella and Conner ?"

"Yup."

He leans a little more. And puts a finger on my shoulder. And runs it down. I smack his hand away and put as much space I can between me and him. You might be thinking why I am tolerating this. Well you see I got this job after lots of efforts and lots of looking around. I don't want to loose it.

"I just thought I should fill you in our new boss. As you can see he is someone not to be crossed."

"No thank you."

"Whatever suits you."

"Sorry I am late." A voice says from behind us. I know all the well who that is. It's my best friend Stella. And beside her Conner comes in. He looks at me and smiles. He pulls me to him and puts a big lingering kiss on my lips. He knows all about Mike harassing me. He puts an arm around my waist to claim his possession. I don't like it. But Mike might as well know that he needs to keep away.

Mike clears his throat," Hope, now if you follow me, it's you time to meet the boss."

"Okay." I untangle myself from Mike's arms and peck him on his cheeks. I then follow Mike out.

He leads me to his cabin. Looks like the boss is in his cabin. I enter and am shocked to see the man standing in here. The man I though I will never see again.

"Hope....." he whisper.

"Stefan....." I whisper too. I am starstruck to say anything right now.

"Found you" he says and smiles. Oh how much I missed them.

"You are the boss"

"Yup."

I quickly compose myself and say, " Mr. Anderson. I am not feeling well can I head home." I say to get away from him. I am proud of how I took control of this situation.

"Where were you all those years ?"

"Mr. Anderson. Thank you."

I say and turn to leave but am stopped by two big arms encircling my waist. He pulls me to his rock hard chest and his breath fans on my shoulder. I can feel him breathing. I get an all too familiar feeling of deja vu.

"I am not letting you go now, Hope."

"Sir, this is inappropriate. I have a boyfriend. Please I am not well. Let me go."
He drops his hands from my waist and steps back. He looks betrayed. But it's the truth. And suddenly the door opens. And in walks Conner. He looks at me and says,

"Are you alright babe ? Mike sent me in. He said I could enter without knocking. Babe you look pale. Are you alright ?"

Stefan stiffens behind me. I reply,

"Yes. I am just not well. I have to go home now. Thank you, Mr. Anderson."

"Welcome, Miss Williams." Stefan says.

"Babe could you wait outside for me ? I will drop you. My mom is not well. I need to see her. I called in today morning to inform. I will drop you home, babe." Conner says.

Guess he just came in to meet the boss.

"Yeah. I would love that. Thanks." I say. Relieved.

"Okay, babe."

I walk out without sparing another glance at Stefan. I reach the lot and wait for Connner.