56 | twenty-third

a/n: mini trailer for mukashi arc here: bit.ly/mukashiarc

FIFTY-SIX. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

the third arc begins in the front lawn of the protagonist's residence.

the girl with dark hair in short waves removed her outdoor shoes and slipped on her indoor slippers before she opened the door with the spare key in her white hakuou academy skirt pocket.

"tadaima." the girl muttered underneath her breath once she stepped inside the two-story home in downtown miyagi.

tinnitus echoed inside her eardrums as the walls echoed back pure silence. a gut wrenching feeling claimed her body as the sickening reminder of what had gone down a few weeks before nudged her memory.

she fisted her skirt as she silently walked to the kitchen, flipping the main power switch and letting the light flood the entire home.

her eyes groped the empty residence she used to call home as memories of what it used to be echoed through her mind.

her eyes darted towards the mirror that was positioned in her kitchen. she watched as her eyes reflected nothing else but anguish.

a sickening crack resonated across the walls, filling the home with an impalpable sound. her eyes were wide when she realized what she'd just done.

her right hand was numb. her knuckles were bloody after being forcibly punched against the cream white walls of the kitchen. she looked at the small spot she punched in the wall, seeing strips of her skin and blood smeared over it in the slightest.

"where.."

her breathing was ragged as her body was forced to shut down. falling on her back atop the cold tiled floors, ymari shekinah seinaru stared at the ceiling one last time before she slowly faded into oblivion.

".. did it all go wrong?"

-

it was half-past twelve in the early hours of the morning of the twenty-third of december, 2006 when she heard her parents arguing from her room.

the girl with her hair in tight french braids on each side of her head blinked awake as she sat up, rubbing her eyes.

she figured it was just her dad throwing a drunk tantrum again, so she started to get up.

it was her job to silence her dad each time he went home drunk, anyway, since her mother wasn't one for violence or verbal arguments. in fact, she and her father argued almost everyday, and her mother was the one who always put a stop to the fights. she even gives goodie baskets to the neighbors almost everyday as an apology for her and her father being too loud when they were throwing things around the house and being irresponsible and noisy people of the local community.