Chapter 4

Hi Guys......

Here is Chapter 4:)

*****************************

TEMPLAR P.O.V

“It’s over Templar.  We have already crossed their territory,” June informed me gently.

I was scared shitless that we had had to cross through the Greenrock pack’s territory.  It would have been too tiring for June to run all the way Waterwave territory, so that was why we were now sitting in a bus crowded with people.

June told me that since the bus had other passengers, who were all humans; it would be safe for both of us to take it the rest of the way.  She also reassured me that my scent would be faint and they may not be able to even identify it because I had left the pack six months ago, but to avoid all risks we had to be careful. 

The bus had now crossed over the Greenrock pack’s territory, and I felt myself relaxing from that knowledge.

“Breathe Templar,” I whispered to myself.

“You really don’t want to go back to that pack, do you?” June asked me with a frown.  I shook my head and she gave me a small smile, but it didn’t reach her eyes.  

I knew Jan had been taken by Igor’s men and it had been done to get June back, but I couldn’t stop wondering how they were able to cross so many packs’ territories.  June was able to smell their scent in every pack we crossed.  I was growing angry that no pack had been able to stop them.  I was angry most with the Greenrock pack’s current Alpha for not stopping them.  That Rhino!

The only thing that I could do right now was pray that Igor’s men didn’t hurt Jan.  I felt useless because I’d been unable to protect her.  They’d taken her right in front of me and I had been unable to even stop them.  My old pack had been right.  I was a weakling.  I couldn’t stop the tears from falling down my cheeks now.

“Hey, don’t worry.  Everything’s going to be fine,” June said, placing her hands on my shoulders in a reassuring way.

“I am so sorry.  I feel like a total waste for not being able to save January.  They took her right in front of me and I did nothing to help,” I said in misery, choking on the taste of salt as my tears ran into my mouth.

“No. it is not your fault. You…” I interrupted her before she could continue.

“It is my fault. I was there.”

“Yes, you were there, but this was going to happen sooner or later.  Both Jan and I knew this day was going to come ever since we ran away from our pack.”

“If I was a shifter, I could have done something.” I lowered my gaze in shame. “But I’m human.”

“That is going to change,” She said and smiled knowingly at me.