𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐘 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

"Well, well, well. Look what the cat dragged in."

"Jaemin." Renjun warned as he closed the door behind him. Donghyuck awkwardly stood in the lobby of Jaemin's house, eyes slightly puffy and red.

Jaemin shrugged his shoulders, walking into the living room, before plopping down on one of the couches. Jeno looked up from his phone, eyeing Renjun and Donghyuck. "Oh, hey, Renjun. Donghyuck..."

Renjun smiled at Jeno, before glancing at Donghyuck. The latter seemed nervous, a rare sight considering it's Lee Donghyuck. "What's up?" Jaemin asked.

"Just thought we could hang out again. Someone finally came to his senses." Renjun joked, which made Donghyuck scoff from where he was stood.

Jeno chuckled, nodding Donghyuck over. The latter complied, walking over to take a seat opposite Jeno. All eyes were now on him, waiting for him to speak.

"I'm not apologizing. You guys are assholes." Donghyuck said.

Jaemin chuckled, running a hand through his hair. "Definitely didn't expect you to."

"Did the two of you sort out your shit yet?" Jeno questioned.

Renjun and Donghyuck looked at one another, one awkwardly clearing his throat while the other immediately broke eye contact. "You guys are absolutely ridiculous. What were you even doing together?"

"Well, I was-"

"Mark was home and I had to leave before I punched him." Both Jeno and Jaemin tensed up after hearing Donghyuck's words. "I didn't even mean to go to him. It was just instinct, I guess..." Donghyuck trailed off. He knew his words were true. He may hate Renjun right now, but he always went to him when he was having trouble at home.

A small smile played on Renjun's lips before it slowly faded. "I'm really sorry about what happened." The Chinese hoped that this time Donghyuck was in a better place to forgive him.

The three of them went quiet as they waited to see how Donghyuck would respond. A sigh of relief left Jaemin's lips when Donghyuck nodded his head. "I won't be able to just forget it, but you're still my best friend. So, I guess I could probably forgive you."

Renjun practically tackled Donghyuck onto the couch, hugging him as tightly as his tiny body will allow him. "I can't breathe, dude." Donghyuck choked out, tapping Renjun's arm.

Releasing the younger, Renjun smiled at Donghyuck. "Sorry..."

"Why the hell are you crying, Jaemin?" Jeno suddenly asked, making the two others look over at Jaemin. Just as stated, Jaemin was wiping a tear off his face.

"I'm not crying." He said, voice a bit shaky, but when he saw the look Jeno gave him, he quickly stopped his actions. "Okay, fine. Maybe I am, but I missed you guys so much!"

All of them laughed at how much of softie Jaemin is. It was quite endearing; that moment where all of them were finally back together after almost a month of separation.

"How's Heeseung, by the way?" Donghyuck was first to ask.

Jaemin instantly started blushing, looking at the floor to cover up his face. "He's good. We're- uhm... we're good, really good."

"You guys aren't official yet, right?" Donghyuck asked again.

"Of course they're not. If they were, Jaemin would've been bouncing off the walls." Renjun joked, Jeno agreeing.

"We're just taking things at his pace. I don't want to rush anything, especially if it'll make him uncomfortable." Jaemin explained. All of them understood his reasoning, it was the logical thing to do especially when exploring a new relationship. "I don't mean to be that person, but... how are you really doing, Hyuck?"