036. the stone

"what a bitch! — wait, how did you find out?" andie asked, sitting up from her bed slowly

"after we sent him to the dungeon, i ordered the guards to force words out of him. it surprisingly worked." josh replied.

"thank god for the guards.. how is clarisse doing?"

josh slightly smiled with the mention of his grandmother, "she's taking in the whole situation well, she's coming up to see you."

"i'm glad you're okay, andie." evan spoke, giving her a loose hug.

"me too, i'm sorry i ruined the masquerade ball.."

"are you joking? that ball was boring! no offense."

"none taken, evan. i somewhat agree with you."

"well thank you." evan chuckled, "let's go, we should probably let andie rest." he suggested, standing from the bed.

"i hope you have a well recovery, meda." josh spoke, placing a soft kiss on andie's cheek.

the two boys left as the closed the door gently behind them, which left andie to relax in her thoughts.

many things came to her head, the main thing was; food. she was hungry, but it's too late to ask for anything now. she just had to lay there and wait.

more things came to her head; books, music, crystals, maeve-

wait, maeve! where are they? what happened to them? who took them?

andie slipped out of bed and scattered herself around the room, checking every little space the stone could've been in. she even checked her locket.

but it was no use. the stone was gone.

"fuck." andie mumbled.

who else would've taken the stone? she wouldn't have taken it off, she never did.

she had one person in mind that could've taken it, but she couldn't bare to look at him in the face. what choice did she have, though?

she checked the dresser, looking for something more comfortable than the heavy night gown she was wearing. she found a white mini dress with puffy sleeves, even though it was probably not the best choice considering she's going down to the dungeon.

once andie exited the room, she checked if the coast was clear. she knew that neither josh nor evan would let her near the dungeon, so she had to be slick about it.

she took light steps down every corridor she went through, attempting to make no sound. there were signs of neither evan nor josh, where could they have gone?

as she entered the staircase made of stone, she observed her surroundings; the stone bricked wall, the staircase going down, how there were no railings to hold onto. she observed every little detail.

then, she heard voices, all familiar ones.

"we know you have it, hand it over, 'king'." evan's voice spoke through his teeth.

"how many times do i have to tell you this? i do not have that stupid rock." ezekiel's voice replied.

hearing their voices caused andie to become curious, she peeked her head around the curved corner, watching the scene.

"yeah? well, where could that stone have gone? would it be a coincidence that it suddenly disappeared? right after you attempted to murder meda?" josh asked, crossing his arms as he gave his father a glare.

"even if he did have it, we wouldn't tell you." brooklyn spoke, who was in a separate cell next to ezekiel's.

"who knew a princess would be locked up in jail?" evan grinned, locking eyes with the girl who was giving him a glare in return, "don't get angry, princess. it gives you wrinkles."

the two simultaneously turned towards ezekiel.

"the stone, father. now. king's orders." josh spoke firmly, holding his hand out, hoping to receive the stone.

after a long silence, andie accidentally knocked over a vase made out of clay. thankfully, it didn't shatter, but it definitely made a noticeable noise.

everyone in the room turned to where andie was standing, immediately seeing the girl pop out of her hiding spot before approaching the two, who were standing in front of the cells.

"andie, i thought you were resting..?" evan spoke, "how long have you been standing there?"

"i haven't been standing there for a long time, i just came down." she lied. "but i found that my rock is gone and i went to go look for it."

"right, well, we know who has it, and we're trying to get it back." evan replied, looking towards ezekiel, who looked slightly intimidated.

"give the stone back or i will make your life a living hell." andie threatened, gripping ezekiel's blouse as she yanked him towards the bars of the cell.

"how would you make my life a living hell? you're just a girl."

"you're just a commoner. you see, without your royal powers, you can't do anything anymore. i have more power than you will ever have."

ezekiel knew she was right, for once. he couldn't do anything now, he would be gone in a snap. besides, what good will that stupid rock do, anyway?

he turned away from the three before surrendering the stone to josh, who gave it back to andie.

to josh's understanding, he knew that the stone was very important to andie. but he never knew why.

"i believe we are done here. thank you, father." josh said to the man in the cell.

evan looked at the two before he spoke, "come on, let's go before they try to brainwash us."