Chapter-44

ᴄʜᴀsᴇ
.....
ɪ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴄᴀʀᴇ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ᴘᴇᴏᴘʟᴇ sᴀʏ ᴡʜᴇɴ ᴡᴇ'ʀᴇ ᴛᴏɢᴇᴛʜᴇʀ
ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴡᴀɴɴᴀ ʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴛᴏ ʜᴏʟᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ sʟᴇᴇᴘ
......

After trying and failing five times to persuade Celeste into ditching her 'friends' and having lunch somewhere else, I followed her to the booth that was the only empty one at the time and slid into the extreme corner. I saw the blonde girl was going to sit next to me but Celeste was closer.

"Savannah, come sit with me." Melissa said, who was sitting on the opposite side with Logan beside her. Celeste was sitting to my left and Caleb beside her.

"Order for me?" I asked Celeste. She hummed in reply.

"What would you like to eat?" The excited voice, which was actually annoying made us look at the blonde girl. Celeste asked me not to call any other girl blondie because according to her I will be disrespecting her wife, Taylor.

"Are you taking our orders Sierra?" Caleb asked.

"It's Savannah and no, I was trying to start a conversation." She growled. See? She's a bitch. Growling bitch. "Waiter." She called, raising her hand in the air.

"I think Chase would like to order for himself Celeste." Sienna said to Cel.

"It's Mr. Black to you Sienna, he's still your boss and you may call me Miss Reed, you're not my friend. All my fellow employees address me as mentioned." Cel said after placing the orders. I cannot wait for this lunch to be over already.

I took Celeste's hand in mine. Interlocking our fingers. Now it looks good. She has a new ring, I noticed. Taking it out of her thumb, I try to fit it in one of my fingers. It goes in my ring finger. We're married again. I turn to look at her but she's already looking at me. I think she read my mind because she called me idiot under her breath.

"How're you Cal?" She bumped her shoulder with his.

"I'm good. How are you and your little guy?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows, looking at us comically. So he knows.

"Oh we're good. Pico is getting naughtier day by day." She sighed.

"What do you mean we? And who's Pico? You have a kid?" Blonde hair asked frantically.

"Pico is our kitten and your friend didn't tell you about us? You seemed to know something secretive about me, didn't you?" Cel asked her, giving her the smile I hope is never directed at me in the future.

She didn't answer as our orders were served. Logan who was silent the whole time, digged in first.

"Since when are you left handed Celeste?" Melissa asked.

"I am not?" She frowned.

"You aren't using your right hand." She pointed out. It's in my hand.

"Oh." She replied, not bothering to give her any explanation. We finished our lunch in silence.

"So what Melissa was saying was true. You really are a gold digging bitch. As soon as you got a rich man you forgot to respect your friends!" Savannah said.