Chapter 49

OMKAR

Life is an unexpected journey. At times you meet people and they become the source of your living. But when we loose someone that precious in our life it all seems so empty.

And that emptiness haunts. I wiped by tears as I felt Rudra's arm around my shoulder.

'Be strong Anna...We all loved her...but then life has to move on' he said and I nodded. We had just flown away her last remains at the Uppinangady Triveni Sangam (three rivers meet) and were coming back home. It has been the toughest for all of us but I knew I had to be strong. It's not easy going back to normal as this happened all of a sudden but then what's life it is was all predictable right???

After reaching home we were all asked to eat food but somehow our hunger had died completely.

'Anna just a few morsels please' Pattu said and although I didn't want to eat but then I didn't want to argue with her. She was going to be 5 months pregnant soon and no one wanted to upset her. The incident also had a painful impact on her. She was also hiding her tears. We all sat down and ate a few morsels and finally retired to our rooms while on the way Dad stopped me and said he wanted to talk to me. I knew he would take out this topic again so this time I jumped in and said first things first.

'Dad I already told you...It's a No!!!'

'But Om even she wanted you to marry...it's like it was her last wish charda (child).' dad said holding my hands and I had tears in my eyes.

'Look Om..If it's tough for you it's tough for us too...but life doesn't stop! And the Wale (mourning) has also got over. Fine let it not be a huge affair atleast a small wedding? Just the family members???' Dad asked and I kept looking at him. He shook my shoulders and said...

'She wanted this Om... please!!!' and I gave him a broken smile and slowly walked upto my room.

I stood infront of the dressing table. I removed my watch and looked at myself in the mirror. So much changed in last few weeks. Why is destiny so cruel at times? It was still painful to carry her body on my shoulders and today we had even flown away her last remains...

'Om....I will come back to you...you know how much I love you...I can't stay away from you can I??? For my sake... please marry again...I will come back to you as your daughter!!!'

Her words kept ringing in my ears and I rubbed my face and I closed my eyes while suddenly I felt two hands wrap around my stomach and suddenly everything felt so calm. So normal.

'You know you'll have me always with you na baby' and I turned around to hug her. But I couldn't.

I sat down and kept crying nonstop like a baby.

While slowly I felt someone caressing my face and wipe my tears...and before I could think much I felt her lips against mine. I was sleepless for last few nights, I didn't know if I was hallucinating or what but this felt so calm and soothing.

Her fragrance, her kisses, her being closer to me was like my redemption from pain and a soothing sensation in my heart.

I slowly put my head on her right leg and she slowly massaged my head and kissed my hair.

'I will miss her Mukta...why does God have to do this. We were so happy just three weeks back and then suddenly she slipped and fell from the staircase and hurt her head. Two weeks she went through pain and suffering. I knew she was old, I was prepared for this someday but not like this...I can't think that Bapama (grandmother) left us' I said and burst out crying badly and she kept kissing me.

It was tough for her to hug me more because of that wheel chair as her left leg still had the cast on. It would be removed tomorrow but we were still supposed to be careful with her. Her head injuries were completely healed and the portion where they had to chop of her hair for the surgery had also slowly started getting better. However I missed her long hair now. We had the same length of hair now.