54

" Take it yourself..."

Aniruddh felt a smile creep up on his face. He knew, even if he had not read her face, Bondita did not know what she said. And the look on her face told him that she had realised it now.

She was looking at him with her big eyes, realisation of her blunderous babbling giving her cheeks a tint.

" Hmmm..." Aniruddh acted as if in deep thinking bringing his left hand beside her head on the shelf. This made Bondita move back, her back flush against the support. Did she really think he would do it ? Her eyes seemed as if challenging him to dare it which was amusing since it was her fault they were in this situation.

Aniruddh brought up his right hand, closer to the side she had the letter tucked. He saw her eyes going wider for a brief moment before closing tightly, lips pressed thin.
She really thought he would do it...
He brought his hand to his back and rested for her to realise he wasn't going through her cutely stupid challenge.

Bondita waited and waited. To feel his hand on her waist. She didn't know it was good kind or not but she sure was very nervous. But it never came to it. She slowly opened her eyes, still caste down, to look at her waist.

No hand...

She looked a little up and saw his hand tucked behind his back.
Relieved he was grown up enough to not to through with her ill thought of suggestion. Ashamed to let something like that happen.

What must he think of her...?

That she wanted him to touch her ?

Being the only one with feelings in their relation was difficult. And it was made even more difficult as he knew about them.
He must think she was again trying to step on that wonton path.

She felt him lean closer. Just a bit. And every thought left her mind. She clasped her fingers in front of her like a little child being scolded by a teacher. She still had not looked at him. She tried to relax her face but she could not do anything about her burning cheeks.

Aniruddh was waiting for her next move. Bondita being quite for so long ? It was getting interesting by the minute.
He waited. And while doing so, observed.
Her...
Long black hair gathered on her right shoulder, dry now but tangled, moving slightly by the air from the window. It was a little brighter outside now illuminating the already golden room. Her eyelids flicked, blinked even. She was looking at the floor. Why wasn't she looking up ? She never was the one to hide away her eyes. Not from anyone. Even him. But right now...she had not looked up once. Her pink cheeks and nose were telling the stories of her turmoil wide and loud.

Every person had two personalities. One the whole world witnessed. And the other one...it was reserved for that one special person. The one partner who had the right to know the deepest, darkest secrets...and emotions.
They could be anyone out there but behind the closed doors they were someone else for that person.

He had known people to be bold, submissive, dominant, adventurous even... He knew the line of his thoughts were dangerous. But his mind had already conjured the conclusion before his reasonable side of the brain could stop him from think about what her hidden self was.

Was his Bondita...shy...?

Bondita who had stolen men's clothes and lectured them about how women got humiliated by it. The one who could make the mighty zamindar Kaka do anything for her simply by her arguments and round big puppy eyes. The one who had not let her Bhari babu sit quietly and the one who could give hell in mischiefs to even Batuk.

That Bondita was shy...?

His Bondita was shy...?

Was he making her blush like that ? The colour of those cheeks was of his name like the red of sindoor and bindiya on her forehead ?