chapt 9 • Results

The day had been going slower than usual, I went through long hours of lessons and prayer lectures

The day had been going slower than usual, I went through long hours of lessons and prayer lectures. Studying in the dining hall while Quinn and Charolette spoke about their day.

I was waiting impatiently, almost begging to be requested to meet my Professor.

He had yet to give me the score for my rewritten paper, I tried to distract myself. From studying for my Mathematics test coming up, but I got through half of it but then I saw more "x's" than numbers and I gave up entirely on that.

"I'm sure you'll do great" Charolette said beside me, eating her cherry-flavored fruit cup.

I didn't doubt that my grade would go up but I wasn't too sure if I would hit the ninety percent mark, I mean I did use all of Alessio's advice and looked over his notes. Rewrote the paper at least ten times because I kept getting stuck and hating every letter I wrote.

That and whatever grade I received, Carter would not hesitate to send it straight to father.

Who is still pretending that he didn't send his daughter across the world to protect the image of his company and Grandma acting as if Hartford is God's gift to children.

I hadn't seen Carter since the last time I was in his office. Wherever he was I wanted him to stay there, and maybe never come back.

I excused myself from the dining hall, leaving Quinn and Charolette to continue to discuss their upcoming project together. While I was on the hunt for a certain glasses-wearing tutor who I haven't seen since he left my room.

I wanted to stop by the library and ask him if everything was okay, he seemed even more flustered than usual. I couldn't because he wasn't there, I couldn't send him a short text because he took my number and never gave me his.

My only luck of finding him was bumping into him, but instead, I only seemed to bump into Madelyn scolding the guy I had a quickie with when I ran into Adeline after.

I don't remember his name and I didn't want to speak to either of them.

I noticed from the corner of my eye that they shared the same hair color, but I kept walking until Madelyn saw me, unfortunately, and called my name. Her entire scolding demeanor switched and she put on a smile.

"Shit, I haven't seen you in a while," The guy said rubbing the back of his head. Madelyn looked at him and back at me but kept her smile.

"You two know each other?" The guy nodded and explained how we met on my third day here.

I was still trying to figure out if his name was Bryan or something with either an A or V.