9

"Yeah... sure." I respond, stepping out of the way so then she can jump into my room. She lands lightly on her feet, and her curious eyes scan my room. She finally looks at me, and I slightly smile at her; she smiles back.

I timidly walk over to to the couch, and she follows me, looking uncomfortable and tense when she sits down. The awkward air between us could be cut with a knife, and I have to sigh to try and help it; it does.

"I'm sorry about not going to school today. I-I couldn't handle it." She curls up into a ball, and stares at the coffee table in front of the couch. "Are you really that scared of me?" I ask, my voice careful, low.

She shakes her head no, and she lightly pulls at her hair, messing up the pigtails. "I'm not scared of you. I'm... scared of what became of you, when you figured out my identity." I am relieved by her answer, but also feel guilty for making her be so scared of something that I -and no one else- remembers.

Ladybug sighs, and says, "I'm just glad no one else could see it." I nod, and it goes quiet again. This time, however, it is a comfortable silence. She scoots back more so then her back is resting on the back of the couch, and she leans over, placing her head on my shoulder.

I wrap my arm around her, comfortingly, and she closes her eyes. I rest my head on top of hers, and close my eyes too. We stay like that for a minute, but suddenly her eyes shoot open and she says, "pretend to be asleep." She is gone in a second, out the window and somewhere else. I lay down on the couch, and close my eyes, taking deep, even breaths.

The door opens, and I wonder why I couldn't hear Natalie's heels. "Adrien?" My Father's voice asks, and I am surprised. "Adrien?" He says again, a little louder. I softly groan, and sit up, pretending to be tired. "Yes Father?" I ask, keeping my voice low and groggy, hopefully sounding like I just woke up.

"I was going to tell you tomorrow, but Natalie is sick. You have the day off tomorrow. Goodnight, son." I open my mouth, and sigh out, "thank you father. Goodnight." He keeps the door open, looking at me as if he wants to say something, and he ends up stepping in my room, turning on the light. I squeeze my eyes, the lights hurting them, and he softly chuckles.

He comes over and sits down on the couch next to me, exactly where Marinette was only a few seconds ago. "I also wanted to tell you something. It's another reason why you have the day off. You need to let this information sink in. It's a lot, and you are probably going to be mad at me at first, but hear my reasoning please." I take in a shaky breath, suddenly nervous, and whisper out, "okay father."

He opens his mouth, taking a deep breath, and saying, "I am HawkMoth. I have been trying to get Ladybug and Chat Noir's miraculous to bring your mother back. She used the peacock miraculous, just like Natalie did, while it was still damaged. She's in a preservative bed in our basement. I can take you to see her if you want."

I just sit there, staring at him, shocked. I begin to chuckle, and shake my head. "No your not. You've been akumatized. It's impossible to be akumatized and HawkMoth at the same time."

He sighs, shaking his head, and he says, "dark wings, rise." In front of me, in a flash of purple, HawkMoth is standing right in front of me. I stand up as fast as I can, and back away, pressing as close to the wall as I can. "N-no. You can't be. Father you can't be." "I'm sorry son. But I'm doing this for us. For our family. Don't you want your mother back?" I begin to tear up, my breath shaking as he begins to come closer to me.

"O-of course. But not like this. Never like this." "It's the only way Adrien. She's really sick. In a coma. I could bring her back." "No. There is medicine for that. Don't- stop terrorizing people. They have trama because of you! So many of them do."