The Search

Prologue Part Eight

Icera's POV

Searching for Tessa is harder than I thought it would be. I've been going east for a while now and Glayze has been flying low so we can see the ground. We've found nothing so far. It's been days and Tess could be anywhere. A few days ago Glayze got very rowdy more than usual and he turned north. It was like he was in some kind of trance as if he was being called by something. It took him hours to snap out of it and that when I met up with Zero and Neige.

Zero was already searching north and he seemed to think Tessa was with Silvi and Blu in the Dragons Nest. He was dead sure about it to. But I decided to get back to searching the east just in case he was wrong. Despite what Zero thinks he can be wrong sometimes. I love my big brother and everything he just doesn't know how or when to admit he is wrong. Also The Ice Dragon Nest is in the forbidden mountains and going there is suicide. I see the ocean and decide to land and take a break. Maybe someone in the village here has seen something or could give me a clue to where Tessa might be or if she has been here. I doubt she got this far on foot but I need to try anyway.

Glayze lands next to a light gray dragon and the two of them begin talking to one another. I head into the village. I start asking people if they have seen Tessa I give them a detailed description but no one has seen her. This little fishing village is much bigger than I thought it would be. I even talk to the chief of the village and no one has seen Tessa. None of them seem to think that a ten year old girl could walk that far in a blizzard in just a few days.

I need a break but I can't rest now I need to keep looking for Tessa since she didn't go straight east I'm guessing I may not find her in this area. Maybe Zero was right after all and she headed to The Dragon Nest. I don't see why she would but it's a possibility Silvi and Blu are there after all. I decide to head back maybe I missed something.

"Come on Glaze stop flirting and let's go find Tessa."

Glaze glares at me. I give him a look that says "Yeah I saw you flirting with her." I wonder if this dragon is his mate or something. Dragons don't usually have babies unless it is with their mates and the people they are bonded to don't have to be together either for them to be mates. In fact that's how my parents met in the first place my mother if from a village to the south of where I am now. Her dragon kept going off to see my dad's and they met about a year after their Dragons mated.

I wonder where there other children are, I'm sure they have more than three. Glaze is there son as is Neige and Frose. Neige and Zero have been together since birth as have my dad Sleat. It's very rare for that to happen. Most people have to go find there dragon half. I found Glaze after two days and Iglis took a week to find Frose. I wonder how long it will take Tessa to find her dragon.

As I'm heading back I see a dragon heading towards me. I think it Neige. I get closer and I'm right it is Neige and Zero.

"Icera."

"Any luck?"

"Yeah I found her. She was in The Dragon's Nest with Silvi and Blu."

There will be no living with him now.

"When did you fine her?"

"I got her back home late last night. I've been looking everywhere for you. I didn't think you got this far."

"I got further actually all the way to the coast."

"You can head home now I already told the people looking on foot to return home."

"What was she doing in the nest and did she get there."

"I'll tell you later I'm gonna Mom, Dad, grandfather and Iglis and tell them she's home now and–"