4. It's Just Practice

Madeleine's POV
"Welcome to the ball room, ladies!" I bow and look around. "And gentlemen," I wink at a male cookie in the right corner of the room.

Espresso's POV
I blush as the commander gestures to me and winks. I quickly cover my red face with my hands. He was... Kind of hot- I pinch myself, Don't get ahead of yourself... He's probably a doosh bag...

Madeleine's POV
I smile and look at every cookie. I suddenly realize the male cookie I winked at... was new.

His face was new. He was new. Espresso... I stare at him for a quick moment. He was so much cuter than I imagined. So much cuter than the other cookies in room.

I shake my head. If I dance with him first, that's all the time I'd get with him. I should dance with him last. For the finale. I smile again as Princess Cookie herself quietly walks in and stands in a back corner behind me.

I bow again as the ladies scream for me. "We will begin, ONE cookie at a time." I put up one finger and giggle. "We'll go ahead and go around the room from left to right. Let us begin, shall we, Princess?" I turn to Knight and Princess behind.

Princess giggles and nods followed by two claps. "I'll be taking notes~" she smiles, "BEGIN!"

Espresso's POV
I watch as the first cookie stands and immediately runs to the commander... What did Knight say his name was? Madeleine?

I sigh and sit back watching them dance as a preppy cookie, Princess Cookie, in the back flips on some music for them to dance to.

The dancing was slow. Though, I'm positive that is what ball dancing is. There was lots of touching, and I swear that cookie kept getting so close to stepping on Madeleine's feet.

"Jealous?" Latté teases to my right.

I roll my eyes. "No, actually." I cross my arms and adjust my glasses. "Just studying on how to do... this." I scoff gesturing toward the dancing awkwardly.

Latté shrugged, "Just get close to him. He doesn't look like he'd bite." We both look at Madeleine. "If you don't look at his face and head, he seems scary for sure. But just look at his face. Look at it!" Latté smiled at me with puppy eyes, "He's a sweetheart~ YOUR sweetheart-"

"Enough, Latté..." I look away and roll my eyes.

Madeleine's POV
I danced with two cookies already. They were both alright, not too bad. The first kept stepping on my toes, while the second barely moved at all.

The third cookie I danced with actually wasn't horrible. She moved properly and she stayed a good distance from my feet. The only thing she needed to work on, of course, was eye contact. She also felt uncomfortable in my arms.

Once I was done with the third dance, I went to my water bottle next to princess and drank a gulp or two. "You're doing great out there, commander!" Princess smiled to me.

I chuckle and nod. "Yeah..." I look behind me at the chatting cookies. Espresso was chatting with a female cookie I actually recognized. Latté Cookie. Her name wasn't on the list, but I remember her class came to the Kingdom one time for a field trip.

"Eyes on a certain someone?" Princess teased.

I nod and smile, "That new cookie..." I sigh and rest my head on the wall. "He looks so cute~"

Princess giggled and shrugged, "If he dances well, I'll set him up with you!" she smiled and pat my back twice, "But you gotta continue on, Romeo! GO GO GO!"

I roll my eyes and walk back up to the middle of the ballroom, "You," I point to a cookie, "Youre next. Come on up!"

Espresso's POV
I watch the next few cookies dance. Madeleine was a professional. He knew where to touch each cookie and he had perfect motions.

Latté sighed and looked around. "One more cookie left, Espresso." she looked at me with a scary grin, "Then it's YOUR turn."

"What?!" I gasp. She was right, there was one more patient cookie sitting on the floor egarly waiting to dance next. Next to her was Latté who wasn't dancing, and next to her was me. "That went by so fast," I feel my stomach turn and cave in. "L-Let's go home, surely they wouldnt-"

"Next!" Princess called out. I watched as the cookie stood and ran up to Madeleine falling in his arms.

Latté laughed, "Espresso, this is exciting!! You should be happy for yourself! Mom and dad will be so so proud of you!" she rested her hand on my shoulder and nodded, "It's just practice. It's okay to be nervous! Plus, this isn't official, it's not like they'll execute you if you do bad!" she chuckled.

I shake my head and groan. "I'm not nervous..." I lie. I sit up and grab the bag Latté and I brought. I open it and take out a pen and paper. "Just taking notes..." I begin to rapidly write down a few things NOT to do.

· Step on feet.
· Hold on too tight
· Look anywhere other than his eyes
· Fall in Love...

Madeleine's POV
This was it. This dance was coming to a close which meant it would be Espresso's turn next.

I held my breath. I didn't want to mess up the dance with him. I would be so embarrassed! I dip the cookie and smile to her. "You were good," I say, "Go ahead and catch your breath."

She nods and goes back to her spot.

Espresso's POV
I continue to write like never before. Suddenly, Latté nudged me squealing. "HE'S HERE!" she whispered.

I felt my heart pound as I look up at the long haired commander walk up. To me.