5. Shall I Take This Dance?

Espresso's POV
Madeleine and I stared at each other. Looking into his eyes didn't feel wrong. It felt right. Reasonable. Madeleine looked at Latté, "Were you up next, dear?"

"No thank you," Latté replied. She chuckled and pinched me hard forcing me to stand. "My twin brother is, actually."

"Twin brother?" Madeleine widened his eyes and looked at me. He smiled and took my hand bowing, "I see the resemblance..." after those words, he gently pressed his lips on the back of my hand. I blush.

Madeleine's POV
Holding Espresso's hand felt so nice. It was warm and soft. I continued to keep my lips near his hand, but I looked up at him with a smile, "Shall I take this dance?"

I watch Espresso hold his breath and nod, "Sure. I-I guess so." he whispers

I smile and lead him to the middle of the room still holding his hand.

Espresso's POV
I look behind me at Latté who is losing it. She was laughing so hard she looked like she was about to pop. I give her a death glare.

Once Madeleine and I got to the middle of the room, all I could hear was my heart playing a loud repetitive drum. Madeleine probably heard me, because he rested his hand on my cheek and lifted my head slightly. "Is something troubling you?" he smiled, "Do tell me if so! I would be more than happy to assist you." his smile felt conforting to me.

I only nodded and took deep breaths. Being this close to him made me speechless. "First time?" he asked kindly.

I nod again and sighed, "Yes... b-but I took notes so I hope I'll do ok."

"No worries," he slowly slipped his hands around my hips and pulled me closer "Just follow my lead. You'll do amazing."

With hot cheeks, I rested my hands on his shoulders and waited for the music to start. Madeleine took one of his hands and grabbed mine. They were strong but kind...

Madeleine's POV
Once the music began, Espresso and I glided through the floor. He was smooth for his first time, he even fit perfectly in my arms.

I smiled at him. I could tell he was trying very hard to keep eye contact with me, but he sometimes broke and looked away. "What's your name?" I asked pretending to not know.

He blushed flustered, "Espresso... you?"

"Madeleine," I smiled and held him tighter. I giggled when I heard his heavy breathing. "You're warm~" I quickly dip him and stare into his sparkling eyes.

I was never into light pink eyed cookies, but his were sparkly and sweet. "Ahh," he muttered. I then realized he was shaky and nervous.

I giggled and undipped him, "Whats wrong? Was that uncomfortable?"

"No no, I..." Espresso sighed shakingly as we continued to dance around. "I thought I was gonna f-fall backward..." he muttered. He took a deep breath and held my hand tightly.

He was so cute~

I allow him to twirl as I asked more questions. I was so fascinated in him I didn't want to stop dancing and talking to him. "Where are you staying at? You aren't from here, correct? Surely you'll stay in a hotel for the ball in a few weeks!" I ask.

He suddenly looks shocked and embarrassed. "I uh..." he shook his head and rolled his eyes, "What is it to you. Are you going to come to my hotel room and kiss me?"

"I don't know..." I smirk pulling him closer than before. "Maybe..."

Espresso's POV
I blush hard. I was only kidding... I roll my eyes again and groan, "Yeah... whatever..." I look away with my eyes, but my head still faces him. Him.

He giggles and twirls me around again. "I'm teasing, love." We made eye contact once, yet he still had a nerve to wink to me and call me love. LOVE! "Just wanted to know."

I couldn't get over the fact that this guy called me love. It made me smile. No, I can't be smiling... Don't smile. I close my eyes and recite what I wrote down.

Don't step on his feet, Dont hold on too tight, Look into his eyes, Fall... I stare into Madeleine's dreamy eyes as he dips me one final time. Fall in love...