S I X T E E N

// WAY DOWN TO PHOENIX \\

"I'll drop you off at my place, Sara." Edward said as he tears down the roads in his jeep. "It'll be safer there for when the others turn up. I think you might be in the clear, alright?"

"Mhm." Seraphina looked out the window before sighing. "I can look after myself, Edwardo."

"What's with the name, Sara?" Edward said lightly, trying to make the mood a bit brighter for the hybrid. The Cullens realised that if Seraphina lost control on her emotions, she almost loses control on her powers.

And he didn't need that right now. Edward stopped the car when he reached his home and allowed Seraphina to climb out. She moved to the drivers side, and Edward rolled down his window. She leant towards his ear and whispered something to Edward whilst she glanced at Bella.

"Of course she'll be safe." Edward muttered and Seraphina raised a brow.

"Good. See you soon bunny killer." Seraphina sadly saluted Edward, who drove away from the Cullens' home.

Seraphina walked up to the front door and tried the handle but sighed in exasperation as she found it was locked. She could use her magic but right now she couldn't be bothered. Instead, she sat by the door.

She waited for ten minutes and no one had arrived and she was getting quite irritated. A sound in the trees that surrounded the home made Seraphina jump.

She wanted to hide but there was no where for her to hide.

"I know your there." A voice she recognised as Laurent's called out. She gulped and stood, pretending to be brave to make herself feel better.

"Here i am." Seraphina did slight jazz hands but she never went closer to Laurent. The nomad sniffed the air but frowned.

"You don't smell human." He pointed out and Serpahina tsk's.

"Well, that's a darn shame then, ain't it?" She said, putting on a weird accent.

"What are you?"

"What gives you the right to know that?" Seraphina spat. Her fear was gone and was replaced by irritation. Her phone rang and she gasped. "Oh, excuse me. I need to take this." Seraphina backed further away from Laurent and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Bella's leaving Forks." Seraphina felt like lurching. As much as she disliked Bella at the moment for what she did, the news hit her like a ton of bricks.

"Do-Do you know why?" She asked, hesitantly because Seraphina already knew the answer.

"Her and Edward split. She said the same thing Rene said when she left." Seraphina sighed and closed her eyes, gasping when she opened them because Laurent was right in front of her.

"I'll call her and reprimand her." Seraphina ended the call and tried walking away from Laurent, who grabbed her arm. "Let go."

"Let the girl go, Laurent." Carlisle said firmly and Seraphina was shoved towards him. She stumbled into Carlisle's hold - who hugged her to his chest comfortingly.