𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮-𝙨𝙞𝙭

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
"Supply Run Gone Wrong"
——

"Grab those tomatoes right there" Hershel orders Jane and she steps over the other vegetables in the garden and places the fully grown tomatoes in the wooden handmade basket

"Grab those tomatoes right there" Hershel orders Jane and she steps over the other vegetables in the garden and places the fully grown tomatoes in the wooden handmade basket. "These look good Hershel" Jane says kneeling down and grabbing the rest of the tomatoes. "Jane!" Tyreese calls out and Jane stands to her feet with the basket in her hand and smiles as Tyreese rushes over to the garden.

"Hey, Ty" Jane greets as she hands Tyreese the basket. "Woah, we got a lot today" Tyreese states while admiring the tomatoes. "All thanks to Hershel" Jane says and Hershel waves her off, "Don't give me all the credit now. You grew some good ones too" Hershel praises and Jane sends him a sweet smile before looking back over to Tyreese who's looking into the distance. Jane furrows her eyebrows and looks in the direction Tyreese is and spots Karen speaking to some children.

"Ahh, Karen. She's sweet" Jane says nudging Tyreese's arm. "She is isn't she" Tyreese mumbles and Jane chuckles. "Tell her you like her" Jane says as she wipes the dirt off of her hands and wipes it onto her pants. "I could tell you the same thing, Glennnn" Tyreese teases and pinches Jane's cheeks softly and Jane scoffs and pushes his hand away jokingly. "Stop, we're fine. It's just different. I don't know what to say" Jane says feeling slightly embarrassed and Tyreese sighs looking into Jane's eyes.

"You're a great girl. He should be lucky to be in your presence" Tyreese reassures and Jane smiles shaking her head slowly. "You're gonna make me fall in love with you Tyreese" Jane warns jokingly as Tyreese takes a few steps back. "Oh, come on you already are" Tyreese says and Jane laughs as Tyreese turns around and walks away. Jane turns around and is met Hershel. "Glenn likes you. I've seen the way he looks at you" Hershel states as he sits down in his stool. "Go for it. The worst thing he can say is no" Hershel reassures standing up from his stool and checking on the rest of his garden.

Jane stands there with Tyreese and Hershel's words running through her head. She then shakes the words out of her head and goes back to reality. "I'm gonna go Hershel, I'll see you around" Jane says as she waves Hershel goodbye and steps over the garden fence and begins walking towards the prison  where she is met with Daryl. "Jane, do you have training today?" Daryl questions and Jane shakes her head. "Not today, why?" Jane asks as Daryl lets out a sigh of relief. "I'm heading back to that abandoned army camp. I was wondering if you wanted to join me on the supply run" Daryl replies and Jane nods her head. "Sure, why not" Jane says and Daryl nods before patting Jane on the back. "I'll grab you when everyone's ready" Daryl says before he walks away.

"What was that about?" Glenn asks appearing in front of Jane with two plates of food which frightened Jane but she quickly laughed it off and took the plate of food Glenn was offering her. "Oh, he was asking if I wanted to join him on a supply run" Jane answers and Glenn nods his head. "You gonna go?" Glenn asks and Jane nods her head.

"Then I think I'll come along too" Glenn states as they look into each other's eyes and Jane gets lost in them. She didn't know what she was feeling towards Glenn. Jane didn't know if it was love or just attraction. She was conflicted she either wanted to kiss him or just sit and talk with him for hours. "Uh, sounds great" Jane replies snapping out of her trance and sending Glenn a smile with a faint glare in her eyes. Glenn smiles back and walks past her while not looking away from her eyes for a second until he was far away and she wasn't in frame anymore. Jane then let out a breath she didn't know she was holding because that's the kind of effect he had on her.