Chapter 19: The Ball and the Question

Y/n's POV:
Christmas Eve.

This year was different, normally it would involve being at home with my family filled with laughter and excitement. But this year I was at Hogwarts, with Teddy but without my parents. Tonight was the Yule ball and I couldn't be more excited.

I woke up early this morning, filled with excitement but also some nerves. What if I mess up in front of Fred? What if he leaves me? I thought. But the thoughts quickly left my head because I remembered that I was meeting Teddy and then meeting Hermione and Ginny later to get ready for the ball together. Me and Fred agreed to not see each other today so the reveal tonight will be even more special.

I got up from my bed and went into the bathroom to take a quick shower because I forgot yesterday. I pulled my greasy hair into a messy bun and some dry shampoo to hide the grease. I changed into some leggings and a large and oversized jumper that I my parents got me for Christmas last year. Knowing it was my favourite type of jumpers. I put on some comfortable boots, knowing that I would be wearing heels all night. I grabbed my hat and my coat before walking out of my dorm to meet Teddy.

I walked down the steps to see my older brother sitting on the sofa waiting for me. He was wearing joggers and a jumper with trainers, he turned around when he heard me walk downstairs with a large smile on his face.

"Morning sis." Teddy said to me as I approached him and hugged my brother.

"Morning bro." I said with a smile.

Me and Teddy walked out of the common room and down the corridors towards the great hall for breakfast, we walked in full conversation about Christmas and how different it would be without our parents there with us. We arrived in the great hall right before the four tables erupted with food of eggs and bacon. Me and Teddy sat down and piled our plates with food. I ate way to many pancakes and Teddy ate one to many eggs to the point where we felt as though we were going to be sick.

"Where do you want to go?" I asked as me and Teddy walked out of the great hall.

"How about we have a small walk to our spot?" Teddy asked.

"I love that idea!" I said.

Me and Teddy walked outside of the castle and down the grounds towards the Great Lake. There was a small tree at the edge of the lake that me and Teddy claimed as our spot when I started in first year. We sat down underneath the tree, ignoring the cold weather outside. Ignoring it to absorb the time I spend with my brother.

"Are you excited about tonight?" I asked my brother as we looked out to the frozen lake taking in the view of the rolling mountains and the trees without leaves that had fallen to the floor.

"Of course I am. And you?" He replies

"I'm so so excited." I said with a large smile on my face.

"Is it because Fred is taking you to the ball?" Teddy asked with a smirk on his face. I playfully shoved my brother.

"Shove off Ted, who are you taking again?" I asked with a smirk for my take on payback.

"I'm taking Chloe Palmer." Teddy replied with a meaningful smile. He's told me lots about Chloe, she's a really kind Hufflepuff who spends lots of time with Teddy. It's clear they like each other. Chloe had brown hair that was waist length and bright blue eyes. We had become quite close over one summer when her parents went away for a adults only holiday and Teddy invited her to say for the week.

"Ohhhh Chloeeee." I sung to my brother and he decided to have some payback.

"Ohhh Freddddd." Teddy sung in the same pitch I had previously sung which caused is to burst out in laughter.