one

"Okay, I got it," Wednesday Elliot grinned as she looked up from her milkshake to her best friend, Kate Bishop.

The two girls were sat in the diner on campus they frequented almost every day, just for the amazing milkshakes they made. Kate always got strawberry, while Wednesday always got chocolate.

"You got it?" Kate grinned back at her best friend, pulling the metal straw out of her milkshake to lick the milkshake off the bottom half.

"It's my turn and I have the perfect dare for you," Wednesday said.

Kate put her straw back in her glass, leaning across the table eagerly. Wednesday leaned in so they were almost nose to nose. Kate giggled, Wednesday's stomach flipping at the sound, and she nodded.

"Hit me," she said.

"I dare you to ring the bell in the clock tower with one of your arrows," Wednesday said.

Kate leaned back against the red booth-style seat she was sitting in. She took the last sip of her milkshake and then threw a twenty dollar bill on the table.

"Let's go, Wes," Kate grinned.

Wednesday slid out of her seat quickly, adding another ten bucks as a tip for their favourite waitress, and grabbed her backpack. Kate grabbed her bag, containing her bow and arrows, and swung it over her shoulder.

"After you, Katie baby," Wednesday smiled.

Kate rolled her eyes but took Wednesday's hand, intertwining their fingers as she tugged her from the diner.

"I hate that nickname," Kate said.

"Oh, please, you love it," Wednesday laughed, following her best friend down the campus road towards the clock tower.

"I love you so I ignore it, but it's really shit," Kate said.

"You'll survive," Wednesday laughed. Kate rolled her eyes.

"C'mon. We're gonna have to scale the building opposite and it's starting to snow," Kate said.

"I hate snow," Wednesday rolled her eyes.

"You're such a grinch," Kate laughed.

"You love me, though," Wednesday said.

"I do," Kate agreed.

"I love you, too, by the way. Just so you don't think this is entirely one sided," Wednesday smirked.

Kate rolled her eyes and kissed Wednesday's cheek, tugging her down the left fork of the path to get them to the bell tower.

"How have I put up with your bullshit for almost seventeen years?" Kate said.

"Because we're best friends and I'm your favourite person in the entire world," Wednesday sighed, leaning into Kate's side as they walked.

"You are. I'm yours, right?" Kate asked.

"Duh. Who do I have in my life that even holds a candle to you?" Wednesday laughed.

"You have Monday," Kate said.

"My brother? He probably hasn't even remembered my birthday is coming up," Wednesday sighed.

Kate rested her chin on Wednesday's shoulder and kissed her cheek. Wednesday rested her head against Kate's, the two of them stopping in the middle of the path to have their moment.

"I thought you said Emily convinced him to visit us for the holiday with Max and Ben. My mom said they accepted their invitation to the Bishop Christmas party," Kate said.