13

Narrator's POV:

About eight hours later, it's nearly three in the morning and Louis is still out like a light.

The twins haven't moved an inch. They are both still sat in the same chairs, gently holding Louis's limp hand. They are wide awake, not daring to fall asleep for even a second in case their baby wakes up.

Dr. Smith has ran endless test on Louis, most of which they are still waiting for the results from. He took multiple different blood tests, testing for god knows what and the twins can't help but feel like they are responsible for Louis being here.

They should have put up more of a fight when officer Allison tried to take Louis, they should have never let him go and then none of this would have happened.

Not a word has been uttered between the twins since their talk with Dr. Smith, they still feel like they are processing too much to speak. The idea of Louis getting hurt haunts them beyond compare.

How could anyone ever want to hurt Louis? He is nothing but sweetness and purity.

Louis stirs, whining lightly in his sleep.

The twins are immediately pulled out of their deep and silent thoughts. They aren't sure how Louis is going to feel once he's awake. This situation is just filled with uncertainty because no one knows exactly what happened or why it happened.

Dr. Smith told them earlier told them earlier that he wasn't sure weather Louis would be in his headspace or not or weather he would be in pain or not, they would just have to wait and see.

Louis subconsciously holds on tighter to the twins hands as he begins to come back into the world, recognizing their touch immediately.

He lets out a cute little kitten like yawn before twinkling his perfect eyes open, immediately fixating them on the twins.

"Harry? Edward? What happened?" Louis says, using his other hand to rub his face.

He doesn't remember much and he is still hazey from the pain killers and the fact that it's 3 am.

"Well there was a little accident down at the station, remember love? Then we took you here to have a little check up. How are you feeling?" Edward asks, trying to keep his words light to not scare the young boy.

The memories flush back into Louis mind and he cringes slightly at the remembrance of the scary man and the pain he was in.

"Oh, uh I feel fine." Is all Louis says.

"You're okay darling don't worry. The doctor checked you out and we are just waiting for a few test results back, but we do have to have a little talk, if thats okay baby." Harry says, knowing that they need to get this over with and they should take the time that Louis is out of headspace to do it.

Louis frowns and worries at his words? They need to have a talk? Are they mad at him for something? Or have they decided that he is too much for them and they don't want him anymore? Oh god.

Louis evidently panics a bit.

"Calm down lovie, you are okay. Just take some deep breaths for us yeah? Can you do that for us? For your daddies?" Edward says, knowing it's a little bit riskey to be referring to themselves as daddy when Louis is out of headspace.

But even when out of headspace Louis is still a little and hopefully the twins treating him like one helps keep him calm enough for them to have the dreadful conversation they are about to have.

Louis nods, listen to the mans soothing voice.

"We know this may be a sore subject for you kiddo but we need to talk about your past. We don't want to make you uncomfortable but the doctor had some suspicions and we need to know if they are true so we can get you treated properly." Edward says before pulling his and Harry's chair as close to Louis's bed as possible, wanting to comfort the boy without overwhelming him.