CHAPTER SEVENTEEN | Slow Dancing

"I didn't choose you, my heart did."

K A T A L I N A   N A I

We arrive at the restaurant, he didn't tell me where we were going and just told me to shut up. And to be patient.

It's now dark, the stars illuminate the sky as birds fly and make their way home. Kylo takes my hand in his and he brings me towards the entrance. The only noise heard is the voices of others who sit inside the restaurant.

It isn't an ordinary restaurant that sits in the middle of two other buildings and is in the city, it sits on the water front over looking the ocean. The building is three stories high, there are two seaters, booths. The atmosphere is calm and soothing. We don't stop on the first floor instead he brings me to elevator and presses the button to third floor.

"Kylo... No?"

"What do you mean no? I'm bringing you on a date. I'm pressing the floor I reserved for us."

"Reserved?"

He laughs and shakes his head. "I worded that wrong, I'm not that rich. I meant the floor I reserved our table on."

The elevator stops on the second floor, a couple steps in with their arms entangled. The woman wears a champagne colored dress with glitter throughout it. As for the man he wears a simple white button up with some black slacks.

"Aww honey," she says, straightening herself. "Look at them, I'm sorry. It just reminds me of when we were young, are you on a date?" The lady asks while her... husband gives us a smile.

I don't say anything, nothing comes out and I just don't know why any words aren't forming. I go to open my mouth and respond but Kylo beats me to it. "We are," he says, his arm going around my lower back. "It's our first one." Kylo smiles and rubs the hand that stays on my lower back, back and forth.

The husband speaks up. "Well If I may interrupt," he smiles and gives his wife a quick peck on the head. Kylo says no worries. "Remember one thing, alright? Have fun and don't break a sweat-"

"Honey that's two things."

"My apologizes, anyways, since it's a first date I understand the worries and butterflies but don't let those bring you down and just have fun and live the moment." Kylo and I nod at his words. "We're going to the rooftop and this is y'all's floor, have fun you two. It was nice meeting you."

The ladies slaps the older guy's chest. "Wait! Before y'all take off, once you're done. Why don't you join us on the rooftop." She smiles and playfully pushes out.

Kylo ushers me out of the elevator. "They were nice, weren't they?"

I shake off the nerves and try and listen to the mans kind words. "They were, are we going to join them after?"

We approach the hostess. "Name?"

"Kylo Storm and Katalina Nai." Kylo says our names low and clear. He swallows. "Only if you want to."

"Welcome Mr. Storm and Ms. Nai, follow me this way." The hostess grabs two menus and starts to walk towards the walkway only lit by candles.

Looking over to Kylo I poke him in the stomach only to be met with some muscles. "Mr. Storm?"

"Yes?"

The hostess places the menu's down and pulls out our chairs, but Kylo says he'll do it and she walks off. "Here you are Katalina." I take my seat and he pushes me in, walking over to the other side and taking his seat.

"May I get you guys something to drink?"

"I'll take a-" Kylo interrupts me.

"We'll get red wine." I raise a brow at him. And so does the waiter. "Storm."