Twenty nine

When Charlie came back that night all Katherine could come up with was that Edward was in trouble so Bella went with Alice to help him. She claimed she didn't know where they went even though she knew that was a lie. They were heading to Italy.

Charlie was furious in his own way. The first thing he did was try to call Bella but she didn't answer. For the first time in her life Katherine saw her father cry, now not full on sobbing but she watched as tears slid down his face and that's when she knew something else was wrong.

Harry Clearwater was dead.

It broke her heart after hearing her father explain it. Her heart broke for Seth and Leah as well as Sue. No one should have to live through that.

After Charlie went to bed she texted Leah checking to see if she was all right, she wasn't surprised to not get a response nor one the next day. She was grieving and needed time.

-

Bella had texted Katherine telling her she was on her way back. Bella was gone for two days and as she read her texts Edward seems to be in the clear. This irked her to some level. She in all honesty did not want Edward back in her or Bella's life though having him there to deal with Victoria would be fine but to be back back is another thing entirely to her.

She stared at herself in the mirror wearing all black, black leggings, black sweater, black vans. Harry's funeral came sooner than Katherine expected but the service wasn't a big one. Everyone gathered at the house after the memorial, the house was packed with the elders and everyone in between who knew Harry.

Katherine said her condolences to Seth and Sue who sat in the living room. Leah was no where to be seen, she had a feeling that would be the case. Finding her room empty she went outside to get some air. The house was starting to feel suffocating. The cool air made her ease up some.

She made her way towards the trees, she fiddled with the lighter in her pocket. She was still hiding her smoking habit from Charlie.

A text from Bella assured her that she will be home by this evening, having an overlay in Charlotte North Carolina. Katherine brought a cigarette to her lips before lighting it. She took a hard pull before exhaling slowly and softly. A snapping twig brought the Swan girls attention to the forest. She scanned the area feeling the hairs on the back of her neck raise. The wolves were all accounted for inside or the immediate proximity of the Clearwater home so she tried shaking off the eerie feeling that was creeping it's way in her.

Ahead of her a grey wolf emerged, its dark eyes connecting with her own. It walked closer to Katherine and she wondered if it were possible for it to be another shapeshifter but who could it be.

She dropped the cigarette and cautiously put it out with her foot. When the wolf was only ten feet away Katherine had the urge to reach out and pet the wolf. Something was familiar in the wolfs dark beady eyes. The wolf stopped and looked at her before it sniffed loudly. The wolf huffed and let out a small growl before turning and running away. She watched it run and disappear.

"Are you alright?" Katherine spun around startled. Sam stood there his eyes out on the forest behind her.

"Yes. Are you okay?" She asked him. He nodded.

"You saw Leah." Her eyes widened as she gaped at him.

"That was Leah? She's a werewolf!" Sam nodded again. He looked down at the Swan girl knowingly. She stared back with the same intensity.

He knew or at least had his suspicions which made him worry, not only about Leah but for the girl as well. He knew she was a smart girl and hoped that would be enough.

~
One chapter left! This chapter is also unedited since we are so close to the end I plan on going back and editing Act 2.

Vote/Comment

robbstark_