Chapter Twenty Nine: She's What?

"Stop messing with your collar." Freya Grey whispered to Regulus Black as they left the common room. Ruffly lace poked out of his crisp shirt, scratching against his pale throat, causing him to run his nails at the skin.

"It's itchy."

"Then don't wear one." She replied, fixing her navy blue dress.

The two of them were on their way to one of the Slug Club's many dinners. Slug Club consisted of students cherry-picked by Horace Slughorn based on what he perceived to be the most charming, bright, or talented. Of course, there was well connected in the mix, but that was not the main factor, or Freya, Lily Evans, or Severus Snape never would have made it in. That being said, Slughorn did have an eye for the promising and soon to be elite making the club a good way for certain young witch to gain a stronger footing in the Wizarding World, and Freya was not above a little arse kissing.

"Mum makes me, she says a bare collar is unprofessional." Regs said, scratching again.

"Your mum isn't here." Freya stepped in front of him and unbuttoned the top few buttons of his shirt, then pulled out the lace gently. "And I doubt anyone will write a letter home about one little piece of fabric." She pulled out her wand from her cloak pocket.

"You don't know my family." He muttered, waiting for her to hand back the fabric. Once she did though, it was black and a much different shape. "Bow-tie?"

"I can change it back."

"No, bow-tie works." He insisted.

Tilting her head, she inspected his outfit. "We could do no tie and open the top buttons."

"Didn't Lucious do that one year and you called him a poorly dressed hag?"

"Because he was trying too hard to look seductive."

"And I just happen to be that naturally?" He asked regally.

"Precisely so." She replied sarcastically as she closed back up the top buttons and tied the bow tie.

He waited patiently, then watched her take a step back. Her eyes zeroed in on the area near his forehead, a fallen curl. Almost rolling his eyes, he nodded his head. "Fix it."

"Thank you." Quickly, she tucked the lock back with the rest of his hair.

With a mocking face of approval, Regulus walked side by side with Freya, waiting only a few seconds to wave his head in a way that made the lock be loose once more which garnered an eye roll.

As usual, they met in Slughorn's room dressed entirely formal, but not like they were trying too hard(Freya would not have a repeat of third year).

Regulus knocked on the wood door three times. The door swung open and their potions teacher smiled brightly. "My goodness, Regulus have you grown already?" He put a hand up near navel height. "I remember when you were only ye big, now look at you a strapping young fellow."

"Thank you, professor." Regs smiled in return, he found compliments on his looks were rather odd. Of course, being the beautiful gentleman he was, he was used to them, but he rarely ever cared for them. "I brought you chocolates from France." He handed Slughorn the fancy engraved box and Freya was now incredibly aware of the fact she had nothing to offer him.

"How kind of you! Oh, forgive me, letting you stand in the hallway all this time; come in, come in." Slughorn waved the two of them and inspected the silver detailing of the box. "I'll save these for later, thank you, Regulus."

"No problem." He replied kindly. "And you should thank Freya, she mentioned you might like it."

Freya quickly glanced at Regulus, then back to Slughorn, who turned around to grin at her. "Right as always, Ms. Grey."