i. 𝐃𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫, 𝐀𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫

"This is ridiculous

"This is ridiculous." was all Vera had been saying the entire morning. She stood, arms crossed, watching her bags get loaded. She didn't eat her breakfast as a protest, just twisting her fork around and listening to her silent family eat the food the chief had provided. Now, she was refusing to get into the car. "I'm not going!"

Wilhelm squeezed the bridge of his nose from inside the car.

"Vera, get in the car." the Queen tried to reason with her middle child. After Erik, she'd been warned about having a second one. Apparently they were always a lot to handle, the middle child syndrome, as they called it. Neither Kristina or her husband believed such lies. Not with their perfect son, the golden boy himself.

That was until Vera was born and all the warning signs had been true.

"I'm not going to a boarding school for something I didn't even do!" Vera's loud protest was far too much shouting for this early in the morning. After her brother, younger by thirteen months, had gotten into trouble and was forced to make an apology video with the whole family present, it was set in stone he'd be attending Hillerska Boarding School. Vera wasn't thrilled about him leaving, especially not as a punishment.

Little did she know they'd be forcing her to go as well.

"Don't be a pain, get in." Erik, her older brother, insisted quickly. Vera wasn't angry at Wilhelm, not when she had her own far share of genetic anger issues herself. He felt guilty for it though, after their parents forced her to attend the new school with him. "You'll love it there."

"All my friends are here, my boyfriend! I didn't even get to say goodbye." Vera threw her hands up in disbelief, still having her feet planted. It was childish, and beyond petty. But, having such a big announcement sprung in her last minute caused that side to erupt from within her. It wasn't the worst she'd done. No, the worst was easily when she crawled on the dinner table and stepped in her mothers mash potatoes as a way of showing that if she didn't get the mashed potato's, considering the queen had her eating only fruits and vegetables that week, then her mothers shouldn't either.

"You'll make make friends, you and Axel will stay in contact." the queen insisted with a sigh, standing near the doorway. It was as if she was giving her permission to be able to get a boyfriend, to have friends. That's how it had been, anyways. Any friends Vera would bring home, they had to approve of and couldn't be locals. Her boyfriend, who was the son of a friend of her mothers, was accepted regardless. Axel was a kind boy, who loved her family, and had done remarkable things with the large platform he had grown from his long term relationship with The Crown Princess.

Vera didn't move.

"Let's just go." Wilhelm tried to encourage her, but he should have been the last one to talk. Especially when they were both in this situation because of him.

Erik huffed, getting out of the car and approaching his sister. "Are you trying to make him feel guilty?"

"Not him." Vera rose an eyebrow, referring to wanting her parents to feel bad, not their little brother.