Chapter 34

When it comes to this chapter, I'm very nervous of your all reactions. I had planned this since the beginning of the book and no going back on how this turns.

Hope you like it.

*_*_*_*

Bated breaths, anxious overworking brain and the tachycardia ( heart rate is above normal) in the  heart. This is what reflects an adrenaline filled moment.

Though Adrenaline gives us two options: fight or flight.

Anisha had chosen hers a few minutes ago and was not going to back out.

She stood there in front of the projector screen and waited for any sound of approval or disapproval.

Her eyes automatically connected with his who simply blinked his eyes in assurance.

Suddenly a clap was heard and following it a chorus of claps making it an applause. Her presentation was being applauded!

She was caught off guard by the applause and looked at the people in the room. To her surprise her father Mr. Anil Sharma was standing and clapping. His face, one she could never forget, full of pride.

Her eyes gathered a layer of moisture but she blinked it back. In a second the lights were turned on and she soaked in her success.

Abhimanyu smiled at her joy. She deserved it.

Once she was seated, the meeting proceeded further and her suggestions were strongly backed by both Abhimanyu and Mr. Sharma. To say the least, this was a good meeting with results in her favour.

Soon the couple was back in Abhimanyu's cabin and Anisha was stood beside his desk reading all her notes from the meeting. He occassionally nodded his head while playing with the paper holder.

Once done he asked her to contact the legal and ground team heads, they had to meet him by half past four, to further ascend with the project.

She nodded.

He dismissed her and she started making her way out when they heard a knock.

Anisha frowned at the door and Abhimanyu said a " Come in" in his usual gruff voice.

To their surprise it was Mr. Anil Sharma.

Abhimanyu asked him to sir down, " Mr. Sharma as far as I recall you left soon after the meeting. So any problem?"

Mr. Sharma smiled at him and said, " No Abhimanyu, I just went outside to attend a call and when I came back you both where nowhere to be seen. So I came upstairs and was about to knock but got a call again and so I'm a bit late."

Abhimanyu nodded, " So is there any specific reason, I mean you never give me a second glance after the meeting."

Anil Sharma slumped his shoulders and removed his glasses. He looked in the eyes of Abhimanyu and said a humble, " Thank you"

Anisha who was stood beside the door was rooted at her place. Did he just say a thank you, why? What did Abhimanyu do again?

" I don't understand." Abhimanyu said.

" Son. When I married my daughter to you, she was a responsibility on you. Your father and I brutally snatched away the right to choose from the two of you, him because of his friendship and I to save the remaining honour of my daughter. She thinks I am the villain of her story. Well she might not be wrong but I never had her any hatred or dislike for her. All I feel is love and a strong urge to protect her and that is why I became a villain."

Abhimanyu stilled although he always wanted to know the workings of his mind he never expected him to unravel it at this moment.

Anisha on the other hand took a moment to come to terms. What was he even saying? She staggered at her place and Abhimanyu was quick on his foot to catch her and get her seated beside him, Mr. Anil Sharma.

He looked warily at his daughter. She was a little lost at the moment and he could not bear it. He put his hand on her head and patted it like he always did.

" Beta, muje pata hai tu uss din apne check up ke liye nahi gayi thi. Meri beti aisa nahi kar sakti...par muje ye nahi pata tha ki meri di hui freedom ka tum aise istemaal karogi. Uss waqt waha par muje jo samaj aaya wo mene kiya...chahe phir wo tumhe ghar le jaana ho ya tumhe kamre me band karke tumhara uss ladke se break up karana ho ya phir tumhari shaadi." ( Child, I know you were not there to get youself checked that day. My daughter would never do that...but I never knew you would exploit your freedom like this. Whatever I felt right and understood was what I did then...whether it be dragging you home or locking you inside a room and breaking up with him or your marriage.)

Anisha by now had a few drops of tears on her cheeks, she was reminiscing the time he was talking about. It was unbearable and suffocating how her father changed within a few minutes. She recalled crying to sleep every night, for the three days, she was locked inside her room.

She recalled how after two nights locked in she had blamed herself and her urge to date. She wouldn't have died if she had not dated but she definitely could not bear the hostility.

" Abhimanyu, I remember calling your father in haste and telling him how my daughter was stupid enough to go to a nursing home with a guy. How stupid was she to not go alone with the lady who was the patient. He tried calming me down but I was beyond control. My anger and ego took front seat and actively destroyed my daughter's life and believe me when I say that I could not talk to her because of my guilt and not her mistakes."

Anisha started sobbing like a child at that. He thought that he destroyed her life and his guilt prevented any sort of communication till date. She hid her face between her hands and both the men could not bear the sight.

Her father stood up and pulled his daughter's crying face to his chest. She immediately wrapped her hands around him and cried bitter tears. All the frustrations, agony, anxiety and a lot more unexplainable emotions coming out in the form of tears. He did not even see her off in Bidaai.

Abhimanyu's heart broke looking at her. All those emotions found a way out after ten months!

Anil caressed her head and said, " Sshh Anisha... Please stop crying. You know I hate when you cry and still you cry like kids."

She immediately got off his chest and wiped her tears but looking at him they again started trickling down.

Anil could no longer hold back and a few tears landed on his cheek. Anisha immediately wiped them off and shaked her head. He pulled her to his chest and said, " I am sorry beta. My impulsive decision might have cost you your life but you are lucky to have Abhimanyu. He knows how to look after you."

Anisha nodded her head and said, " Papa, I missed you, so much."

Anil nodded and said, " I will explain my actions soon but now I came here to thank Abhimanyu." He looked at him still not letting his daughter go, " I'm glad I gave my Anisha to you. You are the best thing that could have happened to her."

Abhimanyu disagreed at that and said, " No. This marriage is the best thing that could have happened to either of us. We both have grown and learnt many things within the past ten months."

Anil smiled and said, " You gave her confidence back, Abhimanyu and I will always be grateful to you for that."