Decisions | Chpt 17

Heyo

Enjoy~

(y/n)'s POV

When I woke up, my side was sore and the gauze was kind of itchy. I could sort of feel things stitching up as time passed, though this was only the second time I could remember my quirk working like this and it was the first time I had ever had an injury like this. I turned my head against my pillow to the side where I saw Kirishima seated beside me. He had another chair brought up for his feet, head tilted back towards the ceiling so he could stare at the tiles above our heads. The sharp ends of his teeth grazed his lips, taking off the little pieces of chapped skin there. I let out a breath, relaxing my body into the pillow.

I could see that there was a bandage patch on his jaw, probably just a little scrape. I wondered what had happened and what he had gone through.

As sad as I was, I was just too tired to really feel it. That and the fact I found Kirishima to be very pretty compelled me to reach over and place a few fingers on his cheek, what I could reach from here. He inhaled quickly, startled. His head snapped up and he sat up, away from the back of the chair. Kirishima's eyes scanned over me to ensure I wasn't hurting badly. I took my fingers away just slightly.

"Sorry," I murmured. He grasped my hand to stop me, palm curling around the tips of my fingers.

"No, wait, it's fine," he said, placing my palm firmly against his cheek. He smiled at me, hopefully. I knew it must be impossible to stay mad at him, no matter the case.

"What happened to your face?" I asked, his skin warm to the touch.

"Eh, just a little scratch. Nothing I can't handle," he reassured.

"How did it happen?" His eyes widened just slightly before he grew embarrassed and shameful. He glanced down just slightly, hand still pinning mine to his face.

"I...feel bad we didn't catch Toga. We went after her, but ended up losing her in a fight. I started to lose focus a little when I realized she was getting away and she managed to cut me a little," he admitted. "I wish we had caught her for you."

"It's alright," I said. It was quiet for a moment before Kirishima started to talk again.

"So, uh," he began, letting go of my hand. "How's your side?"

"I'll live." He half smiled, half frowned as he shook his head. I laid my head back against the pillow.

"(y/n)?"

"Yeah?"

"I know... you already talked to Aizawa, but is there any way you would be able to stay?"

I looked back at Kirishima, furrowing my eyebrows at him. I had a decision to make now, whether to stay or go. It was clear that I couldn't defend myself against All for One. If I went, I would surely die or become a part of his operation by force. If I stayed, there could be casualties among the students. I didn't want that. With what had happened, I was sure that the Villain Integration Program had already heard about it and was trying to decide whether they would pull me or not. It seemed kind of obvious they would pick to pull me, so maybe the decision wasn't even mine.

"Listen, we like having you here. Really. I like having you here. And you know, I was meaning to tell you that your quirk isn't evil like you think it is. You actually regenerate, right? It's a second superpower," Kirishima said. I watched his vibrant head of hair hang down as he spoke. "Off track--I just feel so bad for just sitting and watching yesterday, I should've stood up for you. I know I can't really make up for it just sitting here and groveling, but--"

"I forgive you Kirishima."

Kirishima looked up at me, surprised and sweating at his brow.

"What?"