iii. 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐝𝐢𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥

The knock on Vera's door the next morning was what woke her up

The knock on Vera's door the next morning was what woke her up. Her head pressed into the pillow, eyes hidden behind the silky sleeping mask after discovering that Hillerska curtains were very thin. Vera hoped whoever it was would leave her be, she'd had an alarm set for when she was to get up, and it was yet to go off yet. "Princess Vera, are you still in there?"

She didn't recognize the voice, but it was clear it had belonged to a girl. Vera crawled from her bed, nearly tripping over the unpacked bags around her. Pulling the door open, she stood before a beautiful, dressed Felice. Vera became embarrassed at how she looked compared to Felice, who's hair fell down her shoulders perfectly and lips were painted in a deep rose color.

"I'm sorry." Vera apologize, ducking behind the door.

"No worries, I just wanted to see how you had been settling in." Felice smiled at her, Vera encouraged her to come in before anyone else had the chance to see her.

"Oh, nicely. Thank you." Vera nodded her head, shutting the door quickly. "Has school already started?"

"Not for another two hours." Felice said back. "But I read in that article you did for Veckans Affärer that you get up at four each morning to prepare for the day, so I knew you'd be awake."

Vera gave a chuckle under her breath as she went to the small closet. "That's only partly true."

She turned back to Felice, seeing her stood with her hands tied. Vera nodded to her bed. "You can sit down if you want to."

Felice smiled. "So, you don't wake up that early?"

"Well, only when my mother wakes me. Sometimes she lets me sleep until a reasonable time." Vera answered her honestly, grabbing the white button up from the back shelf. "I didn't see you at dinner last night."

"Oh, I wasn't hungry." Felice shook her head. "How's Hileska so far, for you? All the girls in the dorms said how nice you were to them."

Vera threw a knowing look over her shoulder. "Felice."

She gave a shy grin. "Okay, maybe they didn't necessarily say that."

Vera laughed, pulling herself into the closet more to hide Felice the embarrassment of seeing her change. "It's not too bad so far. I miss my old school though."

"Oh, i'm sure you miss Axel." Felice spoke from outside, still on Vera's bed. "I wish to have a relationship like the two of you one day. He really loves you. Do you suppose you'll marry?"

Vera smiled as she buttoned the button up, pulling the pants on before walking out with a flushed expression. "I hope so."

"He must like being apart of the royal family." Felice spoke, attempting for it to come out as casual conversation. "It must be so welcoming."

"He fits in better then I do." Vera nodded her head, pulling the orange sweater vest on over the button up. "Have you met Axel?"

"Oh, no, we only follow each other." Felice smiled, watching mesmerized by Vera as she sat down at the mirror and pulled her hair from the updo she had before falling asleep. "It's sweet how much he post with you."