125

Seeing that his persuasion was useless, the master suddenly gritted his teeth and said in a low voice, “Alright then, I will accompany with you to there!”

Song Qinghan was stunned and shook his head in rejection, “Well, you don’t have to, if you really want to help, wait for me here, I will much appreciate that. If I don’t make it to come out after the night fell, go back home yourself and don’t bother yourself to get inside and find me.”

His tone was very calm when he said so, yet the master seemed to be quite of unease.

“I’ve already made up my mind, I will follow you wherever you go, so, the only situation which will keep me stay is that you stay as well. Otherwise, I am not going to leave you alone.”

Song Qinghan paused. He didn’t expect the master would talk to him with such a tone of seriousness and earnestness, and in addition, what the master talked was all for the advantages of him.

He was a little embarrassed because he didn’t want to drag the master down. After all, the chance of returning was really slim. The master’s life wasn’t the hope of the master himself, but the hope for the whole village. If he really encountered something unexpected, probably the residents in the village would sink into a turbulence of chaos without a head.

The master seemed to have seen through Song Qinghan’s inner thoughts, but he didn’t say anything. He pursed his lips into a straight line, and stood silently there, waiting for Song Qinghan to announce his final decision.

Song Qinghan thought for a long time before finally opening his lips and saying, “Alright, let’s go inside together.”

The head nodded, drove the sleigh to the safety area closest to the snow forest, found a big stone to tie the group of husky down, glanced at Song Qinghan, and took the initiative to walk towards the snow forest.

If there existed no some scary legends about the snow forest, probably it would have become a famous scenery spot. The white and neat cedars in alignment were so much joyous to see.

The warm and golden sunlight sprinkled down, casting a layer of golden glow on the snow forest. The scene, of brilliant rays of light gladdening the heart and refreshing the mind, seemed to exist only in heaven!

The queerest thing was that there wasn’t much snow cover here. Song Qinghan stepped on it but the thickness of it just reached his ankles to the lower part of his shanks.

Seeing the doubt in his eyes, the master suddenly explained, “Someone said that it was because there are countless human bones buried beneath, that’s why the snow cover is so thin.”

Song Qinghan paused and looked at his feet thoughtfully, he wasn’t hurried to make a further step onto the snow.

The master thought Song Qinghan was afraid, so his got his mind relaxed suddenly. He smiled and said, “Actually, if we stay outside of the snow forest and just have a peek into it, we are able to find whether here exists snowlotus or not. And if we choose to go back now, we might catch the dinner just in time!”

Yet beyond the master’s expectation, Song Qinghan raised his hands high in the air, motioning the master to stop talking, and then he said slowly, “Don’t you feel that it is quite strange? Why the rumors keep coming out but the snow forest remains its mystery?”

Hearing his question, the head who had just got his mind tense secretly let out a sigh of relief.

He thought that someone had approached or something which incurred the meticulous silence of Song Qinghan, but he did not expect Song Qinghan to be on guard for so long just for considering such a question.