2. At Home

Vivian, was pretty upset. Firstly, because she had to dance, because she is inexperienced and second, she was paired with someone she really doesn't know. She was frustrated. But being who she is, decided to give her 100% in this performance.

Her mom was a trained dancer, back when she was is Korea. So she was thinking of discussing this with her Mother over dinner. And Vivian weirdly also wanted to set up a stall so she wanted to convince her father as well.

[AT VIVIAN'S HOME]
Time - 2:30 pm

Vivian's father, Mr. Lee see's Vivian coming at home, abit sad faced. He puts down the news paper.
He questioned,
"Everything good honey?"

Plopping on the sofa, she said,

"Yeah dad. Just, I dont know. Anyways, where is mom and how are you so early home?"

"Mom had an emergency meeting come while she was running errands and I wanted to spend time with you guys, as it's the weekend tomorrow."

He gave a smile and countinued "is everything good dear?"

"Yeah. Remember when I was thinking of performing a solo? I can't do that. 1st, because its not allowed to have solo performances, 2nd Miss Grace paired me up with a boy named Chan for a duo contemporary dance. And she won't listen."

"Isn't it great honey, you'll brush up your dance skills and you should try something new. Mom will help you with Choreography if you need. Ask her. Or is it you don't like the guy?"

"Nah dad, it's not that, I don't hate the guy, we don't really have talked so its weird. And I'm not the best dancer"

"Oh come on. You are sweetie. Don't worry. You'll do great. And if you feel uncomfortable, I'll tell Miss to let you opt out. Okay?"

"Yeah, I want to do it, but is it I'm nervous, it's not my 1st time doing it. I did it last year to cover up for Lia. But I don't know why?"

"Maybe because this time all the pressure is on you. Last year you filled in within two days, and you had a way to say if the performance went bad that you only had two days of practice. But now you have atleast 20 days."

"Wow. You're right I believe. But let's leave this. I want to set up a stall for Christmas fest, you and mom can take care of it. I don't know what we can sell, but we should do it. I have a weird feeling that we should do it"

"Thats a great idea, but what should we-"

"IM BACK HONEY"

"Hello mom"

Vivian's mother hugged her.

"Pretty early back home honey?"

"The meeting ended quickly. What you all discussing about?

"Long story but our vivi wants to set up a stall at Christmas fest. Any ideas. We both can help her."

"That's so cool. And what's the long story. I have time so go on."

Vivian explains everything.

"Thats amazing honey. Do it. I'll help. And I think I know who Chan is. He just shifted from Chicago and lives just a few Houses away. Her mom and I do have chats here and there. The boy is also cute"

She winks at the end.

"MOMMMMM."

The parents chuckled.

"Babe, why don't we pair up with Chan's parents for the fest? Our kids perform, we sell, whatever it is" says the father.

"Thats a good idea honey. I'll talk to her mother"

"HELLOO. ASK ME!! You guys aren't doing that."

"We will do it vivi. You guys should not think of this as it's us elders who are going to do it and I'll text his mom and he can come home for practices, we have our guest room empty with zero furnitur. It will be perfect for dance practice."

"Ugh. Do whatever. I was dumb to give you this idea. I ain't arguing. And we can't go to each other's home, Miss Grace said No. We'll stay back after school to practice"

"Ah I see. Okay then. Call me when you leave school if you stay back" says the mother.

Nodding, the lee family jokes around ad have fun like always.

While Chan was feeling the same. He saw it as an opportunity to get better at dancing plus using one of the plays he had written and was actually really excited.

[AT CHANS HOME]
Time - 4:30 pm

"You're back honey!!!" Says Chans mother, as he enters.
Chan tightly hugs back.

"How was work mom?"
"Honey. I should be asking you, but it was good. Thank you. What about and how are you late?"
"It was weird. I was hanging out with my friends. But 1st let me have a shower, I'll tell you everything"
"Okay."

(After shower)

His mom serves him some snacks on the table.

"How was school channie?"

"It was weird. Well Miss Grace put me into a duo dance with a girl named Vivian. She's my partner. I wanted to be in the play but it was for freshmens only. It feels imitating because I'll be with her 1st time. We don't talk actually. But the good thing is, I can use this as an opportunity to use the play I wrote. So I'm kinda excited."

"I know Vivian. She lives a few houses before us. She's really sweet. Me and her mothers chit-chat. She even joked my up by saying she'll set me up with her brother" she chuckled saying that but Chan did not look happy.

"Mom, I have told you this and am telling again, nothing can replace appa for me."

"I know baby. It's a joke." Small Pause.

"You know, you were always a different child since you were born, just like your father. Even though you were just 4 you understood so much. I know you don't remember anything. I was not surprised when you decided to dedicate a whole room to him, filled with his books, photos, a small study, and plants. You're just like him. How he was in highschool, when we met."

"You're right, I don't remember much, but I know he was a great man. He may not have lived long for me to understand, but it was his books that introduced me to the person he was. What he read and what he wrote. Even if he was not my father, had no face, I would still do it mom. When I read his poems, I feel so connected to him."

"You're just like your father my boy. I remember, we both used to have conversations like these while bunking classes."

"Ouhh! A romantic couple huh. A writing manic and a singing machine. What a destiny"
Chan's mom chuckled.

"And, Vivian's mom messaged me that Vivian wanted to set up a stall with her parents have thought of putting up a stall with me. We have not decided yet what to put up."

"Oh. Thats so cool. Do it mom. If you need help, I'm there mom"

Pulling his checks, laughing, both of them enjoyed each other's presence.

They both laughed. Happy. Loved.

Chan gets his play ready to show Vivian. Let's see what awaits them.

━━━━━━━☾☼☽━━━━━━━

Authors Note - there's alot I have planned for this book. And my exams are starting so I might not be able to update this week. I hope y'all like this. Tell me your thoughts.