ORBS!

"What a beautiful chemistry!" Came exclaimed voice of Anuj. "Where were you from past so many years, Ruhi?" His expression was one of that adoration and soon the auditorium was filled with one compliment after the other. I had never felt so blessed! I was proud of my dancing skills, but the praises were making me overwhelmed. I wasn't know how to express what those words were for me. I wasn't good with compliments, though I loved them.

Throughout the session, Ehaan was in the background as if he was least bothered by the compliments, praises. He might have received it many in his lifetime and had grown used to it. He was busy with his phone, just raising his head to glance when anyone uttered his name. Was he an introvert? His certain behaviour expressed so; he wasn't fond of people around him. He had a certain group of people, or was it about maintaining his rude exterior? I rolled my eyes, concentrating on the words Samaira was speaking.

"You know... Rudr was jealous of your chemistry." She giggled on saying it. I glared at her, wasn't she repeating the same thing about Ehaan?

"Samy, do make it clear whether Rudr is jealous or Ehaan." I shook my head, annoyed with her illogical talks. Why on earth would Rudr be jealous of my chemistry with Ehaan?

"Why is it that hard for you to believe that people especially guys can have soft corners for you?" She was shooting daggers at me.

"Isn't it obvious!" I shrugged my shoulder, walking towards my bag as she followed behind. "Guys like either bold or submissive girls and I am neither one." I provided the reason, that made me the odd one out.

"Guys might even like people in between. Am I not one of them?" Samaira inquired, "Varun does have some..." she blushed on speaking it out. I smiled at her, she was so adorable at times.

"Samy, you and I aren't the same." I tried to explain her. "We are different! You get comfortable with people easily, it isn't that hard for you to initiate conversation. Anyone interested in me needs to have lots of patience and by lots it's lots... None have time for it Samy," I shook my head taking a sip from the bottle and offering it to Samaira. "When the world is flooded with many beautiful and better options," I muttered as I trailed off. Though I knew it was highly impossible yet I loved to believe a miracle could happen. I wanted someone to have that patience!

"What if a person finds only you beautiful and best options of all?" We heard a voice and I turned to find Anuj along with Zara, his hand wrapped around her shoulder. A wide smile made his dimple pop up.

I rolled my eyes at his comments. "Don't raise my hopes. It's devastating when it doesn't fulfil." I remarked not looking at anyone in particular.

"That was deep!" Commented Zara and soon we burst into laughter.

"I promise you, miss innocent your hopes will get fulfil and I will make it happen." He winked at me, I kept staring at his determined face. What was his mind up with?

____

Everyone had decided to visit malls for the costume. Only two days were remaining. We were standing in the queue of the cafeteria. Grabbing something to eat before the dance practice could start. Unfortunately, like other days, the cafeteria wasn't vacant may be due to some extra classes, and other activities happening. We grabbed our plates and walked to one of the vacant seats, making ourselves comfortable.

"See who is there!" Samaira spoke eyeing someone in the far distance, I looked at the source curiously.

"Mia!" I whispered, shocked. Her entire figure had differed from the one I often glanced at. She seemed broken from within. Her coloured hairs were completely messed as if she hadn't combed them for days. Her hazel blue orbs seemed as if the ocean had died. Her face laced with no emotions, drained from constant cries. She doesn't seem the figure of glory, the most charming dancer our school had. Rather a girl with deep pain and broken hearts. I gulped the lump causing in my throat, trying to imagine her pain only glimpsing at her. At moments pain could be so deep that it could be displayed from their figures.