27 | Better

"…The rumors are concerning, I know," Winter sighed. "Did I try to clear out all those rumors? No. Not because they're true, but because I really don't care at all." 

She turned to Karina, holding the latter's hand. 

"I like her. Genuinely." She muttered, before looking back to the other girls. "And if I have to prove that, I will. Just tell me and I will do it."

Karina smiled. Her hold on the singer's hand tightened. She looked at her friends, smiling even wider when she saw their calm expressions.

Winter might not notice it, but she's already proving herself and her feelings to Karina's friends. 

The mere fact that she didn't let Karina to be the only one to explain what had happened to the both of them already shows a lot about Winter and her intentions towards the taller girl. She didn't let Karina speak for the both of them, she went downstairs and faced Karina's friends with a determined expression, ready to explain herself. She knows that the girls will not go easy on questioning Karina. They won't go easy on her, either. It could be much worse. 

But she did what she wanted to do, and that is to clear everything. For the first time, Winter will speak for herself. 

"You know that we won't hesitate to come for your ass if you make our friend cry, right?" Minju said, staring intently at Winter, watching every movement.

"I know." The singer answered. "And it can happen. Fights and misunderstandings can't be avoided, of course. I might make her cry because of that." 

Winter glanced at Karina again. "But it will never be intentional. I like Karina so much that I only want to make her cry in happiness. We may have fights in the future, but I won't leave her. I will treat her right for as long as we're together. I promise you that." 

"And that's love." Ryujin sighed dreamily. She then smiled in embarrassment when she saw her friends giving her a look. "Sorry."

"For someone who keeps on seeing different girls every single day, you sure are sappy." Ningning said. 

"Hey, I'm not doing that anymore. I'm seeing only one person now." 

"Hmm, now that's new." Giselle muttered, facing her. "Who's the current victim?" 

"Uh…" Ryujin took a short glance at Winter, before looking at the Japanese. "I'll need to ask for her permission first before I say anything about us." 

"That's really suspicious." Minju spoke.

Winter's eyebrows furrowed.

'It really is.'

It was really fast, but Winter still managed to see how Ryujin glanced at her. Actually, the former has already been doing that since earlier. Like she knows something that Winter doesn't. And that 'something' may or may not be related to the singer.

"Hey," Karina called, making Winter turn to her. "You okay?"

"I'm fine, why'd you ask?" 

"The girls questioned you a lot earlier." Karina chuckled. "Were you nervous?"

"…A bit." Winter let out a small smile. "But I wanted to answer all of their questions too, so it's alright."

She then scooted closer to Karina. "You know, your friend has been acting weird."

"Who?" Karina whispered back, since Winter is now talking to her in a hushed tone.

"Ryujin." The singer answered. "I think she's hiding something."