007. elegies

╔ ——————————————— ╗。・:*:・゚CHAPTER SEVEN 。・:*:・゚"elegies"╚ ——————————————— ╝

╔ ——————————————— ╗
。・:*:・゚CHAPTER SEVEN 。・:*:・゚
"elegies"
╚ ——————————————— ╝

GRAY WAS ASLEEP. 

 Or perhaps he only wished he was. Sleep was a good way to rid yourself of any unwanted emotions. When you were asleep, the only thing you had to remember was how to breathe. 

 Gray was laying down, tangled in a mess of blankets from his restless sleep. There was already a room for him in the lake house where Tony had lived for the past five years, and it made Gray think. Think about exactly what Tony Stark would have done without the burden of the world resting on his shoulders. 

 It had been a week. Maybe, Gray wasn't exactly one hundred percent sure what day it was. Ever since he had died for five years, time seems like such a frivolous concept. Why should they let time govern their lives? They should be measuring their days by how many breaths they take; or something that actually matters. The ticking of a clock doesn't matter, at least not to Gray. 

 He could see Tony Stark in everything that he did. Every corner he turned, he expected him to be there. He could hear his voice in the walls, telling him stupid jokes to try and break his concentration during training. Tony Stark, in essence, resided in every pore of this house. 

 Although there was one aspect where he was the most prominent. 

 "Grays-" a hand pushed lightly at his shoulder, a pressure on his legs as Morgan Stark climbed onto his bed, tapping his shoulder as he groaned in annoyance. "Grays you gotta wake up."

 "What time is it?" He demanded, his hoarse voice muffled by his pillow as he sat up. Morgan grinned, her childish face seeming to light up as she caught sight of the boy. Despite only knowing each other for a week, Gray and Morgan were as close as two peas in a pod. She thinks that he's actually her big brother, and he knows that he would die to protect her. Her face seemed to shine with innocence, a persona so purely uncorrupted by the world that it seemed like a shield of armour. 

 "It's time to get up." She hopped down, her dark hair messy as she did so. "Mom says that you have to get dressed." 

 Get dressed. For Tony's funeral. 

 Gray groaned, flopping back down onto his pillow and closing his eyes. Morgan giggled, poking his cheek. "Come on, sleepy-head." 

"You're the sleepy-head." He shot back, gently flicking her forehead and making the girl laugh, grabbing his wrist as he stood up. The sun was leaking through the window, casting a golden glow across his skin as he grabbed a shirt from his dresser, holding it in his grasp as Morgan pulled him down the hall.