Chapter 2- The Plan

"We'll do it today then," Pansy stated, unusually excited while piling some chicken and green beans on her plate for lunch.

"Do what exactly," Draco questioned, adding a sandwich to his own china, his goblet being filled with pumpkin juice as he spoke. 

"Start Phase One from our 'Plan to Seduce Potter,' of course," she said nonchalantly, digging in. 

With this, Draco, who was gulping down his drink, snorted enough of the liquid in which it filled his nose and caused him to cough uncontrollably. "What! We're still doing that? It's been a month- hell, it's a week before the first task. We've all forgotten about it," Draco scoffed, wiping his mouth on a cotton napkin.  

Pansy, as well as everyone else, appeared to be simply amused. "You seriously forgot? Thought that you of all of us would want to see him in distress."

"Why did you have to say seduce? I'm just getting him to like me so that he is too distracted to focus on the tournament. I just want him to lose, and if we are still going through with it-"

"We are-"

"We want him to be humiliated, and if I'm doing so by romantically... putting myself out there, so to speak-"

"So, seducing," Blaise clarified.

"Point is, he's humiliated, that's all I care about. He always gets what he wants, always gets to be the famous one, always gets everything! It's time to show him who he messed with. Some Gryffindork isn't going to boss me around and act as though I'm not good enough for him."

"So you're still not hung up on first year?"

Draco exhaled heavily. "I'm not Pansy. I don't care," he bit. 

"Admitting you were rejected is the first step to getting over rejection."

"Pansy!"

"So we will carry out our plan tonight," she changed the subject. "Potter has been taking walks during dinner recently. I imagine it's because of stress" 

"How do you even know that?"

"He's never here, is he? During supper, he isn't at least," Pansy said. Draco looked up at Potter, who was still pushing around his food, not eating. He wondered if Potter ever ate at this point, or did the sheer nervousness engulf him to the point of no appetite? They locked eyes, and Draco's face and arms heated up at the thought of what they were about to pull on him. 

"Oh, wait," Pansy said, and Draco turned back to her, but she initially didn't want that. "Look back at him with wanting eyes!"

"How do I even do that?"

"Glance up and stare at him longingly. Just do it!"

Draco did as ordered, although he had no idea what he was doing. Potter felt the familiar chill go through his spine that signified someone staring at him, and he peered back up at Draco. He looked back with wild, yet curious eyes, and then focused on the plate in front of him, however they could tell he was uncomfortable as Draco kept staring, biting his lip.

Pansy hit his arm, "Stop," she said, looking back up at Potter and then to Draco, yanking his arm as a 'concerned friend' should.

"How was that," Draco asked, still staring at Potter's eyes, which from what he could tell, were blinking furiously as he tried to keep away from awkward contact. 

"Excellent," she smirked when the coast was clear.

"Could you please tell me what's going on," Draco bit, finally looking away, "When did we even plan this?"