17| Ours

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓

Ours

┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛

Chapter 17: Ours (Vanessa's POV)

My phone was ringing on my bed for the third time but I refused to answer simply because I wasn't done getting ready yet. I know if I answered, he would just scold me and demand that I get downstairs as fast as possible but it's so much more fun watching him get annoyed and frustrated because I'm delaying us. 

The phone stopped ringing and I was expecting another call but my doorbell rang instead. I paused and put the earring down on my vanity and walked out and answered the door, leaning against it and pulling on a smile. "Hello," I smiled. 

"I've been calling you for the past fifteen minutes, Vanessa." 

"And I've been ignoring your calls for the past fifteen minutes, Aaron." 

He sighed and shook his head. "How much longer are you going to take?" 

I shrugged. "As long as I want." 

"That's not how time works." 

"Sure it is. It's not how punctuality works," I countered. "I know you. You probably thought the earlier you got there, the sooner you'd get out of there. I crashed your plans, huh? Sorry." 

"Are you going to make me—" 

"How are the kittens?" 

He continued talking over me. "Stand out here until you're ready to leave?" 

"Of course not, I'm a good host." I stepped aside and once he was inside, I shut the door and rolled my eyes, going back into my room. I decided I had enough of trying to rile him up so I put my earrings on and then my matching black heels, and then grabbed my purse and headed out. "Let's go. Sorry for the delay." I walked to the door, taking my keys and dropping them in my purse. 

"You're really not sorry at all," he mumbled, pulling the door open and heading out first. 

I locked the door and walked to the elevator with him, pressing the button to the lobby. As we stood in the elevator in silence, I glanced at him out of the corner of my eye. "Your tie's crooked. What happened to the tux you were supposed to wear?" 

"I couldn't find the bow tie," he mumbled, fixing his tie. 

"So, you exchanged it for a suit but didn't even tie the tie properly?" 

He ignored me and continued trying to fix it. 

I turned to face him while pulling his arm so he faced me as well. I fixed his tie for him, feeling his gaze on me as I did. "What?" I met his eyes, tightening it a little more than necessary. 

He pulled my hands down and loosened it just a bit, letting out a breath. We reached downstairs and headed to his car. He walked past the passenger door and around the car, not bothering to open it for me. 

I opened it myself and gathered my dress, sitting inside and purposely slamming the door shut harder than needed. 

"You will break that door someday, huh?" he asked.