008. gray's bright ideas

╔ ——————————————— ╗。・:*:・゚CHAPTER EIGHT 。・:*:・゚"gray's bright ideas"╚ ——————————————— ╝

╔ ——————————————— ╗
。・:*:・゚CHAPTER EIGHT 。・:*:・゚
"gray's bright ideas"
╚ ——————————————— ╝

"GRAYSON, THIS IS WHY I never take you to important functions." 

 Gray scowled, tugging at the collar of his dark-blue shirt as he tried to keep up with the man. Night had long-since fallen, and the shadows were casting a light chill up the boy's skin as he chased after Happy Hogan. The man had a rather large check in his hand that was to be delivered to Peter Parker's aunt. 

 Gray had been tasked with keeping it safe for the time being. He proceeded to lose it, and now he was being dragged along to deliver it while Morgan is at her dance class. He wasn't complaining, he hadn't seen Peter Parker since Tony's funeral, and it would be nice to see how he was doing. 

 "The real reason I am never allowed to come to important functions is because of that one time I got kicked out of that restaurant for making the entire row of wine bottles fall." He reminded, pushing the door open so that Happy could enter. 

 Happy rolled his eyes, "why did you do that in the first place?" 

 "'Cause I'm a rascal." 

 The man grumbled something under his breath, shoving the check into Gray's arms. The hard paper hit him in the nose, making him curse and almost trip as Happy pulled open a door and stepped inside. The door proceeded to swing shut in Gray's face, making him clench his jaw. "Happy!" 

 "Sorry!" Came the muffled reply, the door opening so that Gray could stumble through. He set the check down, shooting the older man a dirty look. "This is why I'm such a rascal." 

 "Stop using the word 'rascal'." 

 "Gray!" Peter, donning his familiar Spider-Man suit, grinned; his face lighting up when he caught sight of the other boy. "You're here too." 

 "Hell yeah!" Gray dropped the check, making Happy groan as he crossed the room so that the two could engage in an awkward side-hug. "You didn't know? I love fancy things. I'm super fancy, I come to events like this all the time." 

 Peter pulled a face, disbelief evident on his features. "Are you sure about that?" 

 "You look lovely," Happy said, smiling at Peter's aunt - whose name Gray was about ninety-percent sure was 'May'. She smiled, her hand subconsciously reaching out to smooth out the fabric of her dress. 

 "Thanks, you too."  

"Thank you!" A barely noticeable blush crept up Happy's cheeks, making Gray's eyebrows leap up on his face as he shared a look with Peter. "Is that a new dress?" 

 "Yes, yes it is." She grinned, "is that a new beard?" 

 "It's my Blip beard." Happy explained, chuckling slightly and running a hand over his chin. Gray crossed his arms, and amused smirk tugging at his lips as Peter's gaze shifted between the two adults. "'Cause I grew it in the Blip."